Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any reviews of games that you have strongly disagreed with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZooCube for GBA.
    every review i've come across gave it around a 6 or 7 out of 10 and described it as "fairly enjoyable but pretty average". i think the gameplay is pure gold, it's such a zoner! and noone ever mentioned how the game glitches like hell, occasionally hangs or forgets to load you data, or how insidiously moronic the options / selections / key configuration screens are structured! i have this deep love/hate relationship with that game because of it's brilliant concept versus horrible programming, but every review just calls it "ok"...

Comment

The Official Playstation magazine managed a paltry 7 out of 10 for Castlevania SOTN, stating that it "lacked sparkle". The Official Dreamcast magazine also gave SFIII 3rd Strike a very lukewarm reception if I remember correctly.

Having recently picked up a load of old gamesTM and EDGE back issues, it is amazing how many games that are now regarded as 2D classics (i.e. both the above, R-Type Delta, Capcom vs SNK, even relatively up to date with Gradius V) got very stilted, unenthusiastic write ups.

Comment

I think the harsh words on Manhunt were a bit exagerrated; it's really a top notch game, despite its rather explicit content.
        As well as being gory, it is also very challenging in places - and the sneaky bits are by far better than the equalents in MGS.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
          The Official Dreamcast magazine also gave SFIII 3rd Strike a very lukewarm reception if I remember correctly.
          I believe it was a third party DC mag. I know exactly what you're talking about because it had Helena from DOA2 on the cover and they gave that a 9.

Their excuse for marking SF3 low? "2D games don't belong on the Dreamcast"... right. Twats.

Comment

Working...
          X