Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy on the Xbox 360??

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=tit...=667329&pa=rnr

Did I miss something/go totally insane or is this genuine? I thought Final Fantasy XI was the online only game, and the next FF game was XII and would be for PS2? Why would they release XI (Online) as an Xbox 360 title?

Have I missed something?

Yeah. There was a big announcement at E3 that Final Fantasy XI would be released on the Xbox 360. It's a cash cow for Square Enix so they may as well squeeze a bit more cash out of it.

Comment

It'll probably go down in history as the only Final Fantasy I've never played as well hehe. Won't play it on PS2, PC and I won't be buying a 360 so

Comment

****ing sweet!!!! Ive been dying to play this game on ps2, but cant be bothered with the hassle of setting up my japanese console to go online.

This 360 version is the answer to my prayers, and has made my day.

Comment

Can't believe i missed that one.

Comment

Why can't they release these on Cube?

I thought Final fantasy Crystal chronicles was CRAP! I like the original PS1 FF's More

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_nintendo
              Why can't they release these on Cube?

I thought Final fantasy Crystal chronicles was CRAP! I like the original PS1 FF's More
              Completely subjective and I guarantee the only reason you hate it, is because you was just expecting Playstation port styleeee.

Oh and if you didn't realise the disc size on the GC hinders these types of titles.

Comment

Well, you know, CC was a bit pants. That could be the actual reason he didn't like it.

Comment

CC was a very good game actually. It's a multiplayer game, designed to be played with friends, so if you played it single player (if you did), then you won't get much enjoyment from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                    CC was a very good game actually. It's a multiplayer game, designed to be played with friends, so if you played it single player (if you did), then you won't get much enjoyment from it.
                    But isn't that one of the problems with gaming right now? No game should be made to be played multi-player. Almost every review of the game said "Unless you have friends coming over to play games a lot, you won't get much out of this game". I couldn't agree, I bought it because it's Final Fantasy (and I'm a FF nut) and looked beautiful, I did read the reviews but dismissed them. Played it as soon as it arrived, thought "its okay" but then got some mates over with GBA's and cables, it was great fun but we only managed a few hours before adult life took hold and they had to go home.

It is a good game IN MULTIPLAYER, but for me, no game should only be good in multiplayer. Mario Kart was as much fun alone as it was with mates for me. Final Fantasy XI however I'll never play, I don't believe in paying ?40 for a game then having to pay a monthly subscription to play it. Yeah yeah I know "it goes to server costs" etc, but I just don't believe in it. Whatever happened to the days of Duke3D modem games, with your own maps and speech packs, that rocked!

Rant over.

Comment

You're right. It doesn't make it a crap game though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                        It is a good game IN MULTIPLAYER, but for me, no game should only be good in multiplayer.
                        The (hypothetical) question then becomes, how much worse than multiplayer would you be willing for the single-player mode to be?

I think the real problem here is that marketing/distribution dictates that you can't ship a multi-player only game and expect it to sell. After all, if FF:CC had 'Requires 3 or 4 players' plastered all over the box, it wouldn't have to try and provide a single player (or 2 player, which I also don't think works well) game, and they could focus on making the multiplayer the best it could be. That way no-one would be disappointed by playing the game in a way it wasn't really designed to be played. (I've yet to hear anyone complain FFXI is a rubbish one-player game )

Unfortunately, it's all dictated by money, and as SP games sell more than MP games, it's well worth the devco's time to bodge on a one player mode, even in the knowledge it won't be very good, in order to shift more copies.

Comment

Working...
                        X