Squadra Corse Alpha Romeo - 5
    THUG2 Remix - 6
    Pac-Pix - 5
    Star Wars Ep3 - 3
    Dynasty Warriors 5 - 7
    MotoGP 4 - 6
    Guild Wars - 8
    Dead to rights 2 - 4

Once again, gamesTM fails to back up the cover with any content inside - the cover is the three consoles of next gen, however inside there is...almost nothing. It's as if they forgot to add the content. Shame. No E3 coverage beyond the same three columns of text in the news.

Also, that score is going to raise a few 'debates'. And no, I don't mean Psyco getting a 7

How did a game as broken as Boiling Point get 9 ...

Comment

Ep3 that bad???

Comment

the previews looked vaguely promising for it, the score is a surprise

as for psychonauts, nice to see people talking sense and not gushing over it

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
          Ep3 that bad???
          perhaps not a 3, maybe a 6.

i had a fun evening in playing it with the missus but the combat is vey flawed

Comment

9 or 2?!

edit: does this sound accurate? because i know which end of the scale i'd be putting it on if it is...
            Last edited by mattSix; 16-06-2005, 18:35.

Comment

What's in the retro section?

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
                What's in the retro section?
                Christ, you're worse than I am LOL

Comment

Hey, you knew I was an ego maniac from the beginning.
                  Last edited by Sketcz; 16-06-2005, 19:04.

Comment

edit: does this sound accurate? because i know which end of the scale i'd be putting it on if it is...
                    that blog is indeed accurate - Boiling Point is a broken, bug-riddled mess of a game, at first I would have said the bugs were mildly amusing, but thats in the first hour, after that they become nothing but infuriating.

a 9 for this game is a wtf moment of the highest magnitude

Comment

Isn't there a major patch for these bugs? Par for course with PC titles yes?

Maybe GTM's reviewed the patched version? And edge didn't. Or maybe, just maybe we've got two differing opinions!!

Comment

Patch was only released 2 weeks ago ... now according to past posts from the gtm fellers it appears that the lead time for each issue is longer than 2 weeks, which would discount them reviewing the patched version in this months issue (plus should a patched version be the reviewed version or should the review be the retail release?)

of course there is going to be differences in opinion - but its strange to see such a wide variation in the scores from these 2 publications (personally i would be looking towards the Edge score - I have played this broken mess and I can't fathom why it got nearly top marks)

Comment

Well, Manhunt had a similar difference, Edge 8 to a GTM 3.

I'd be leaning to the GTM score

Comment

fair enough

I eagerly await your impressions when you play the game in question

Comment

Hee hee, you won't catch me on PC games!! I can only just about work solitaire :P

Comment

Working...
                              X