Mario 128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario 128

Just read on Gamespot that Mario 128 is coming to the Revolution and not the Gamecube, which is a bit of a downer. At the end of the interview, it the last paragraph that's intriguing: " Because the user interface is going to drive the Revolution software design, that's what's going to make our software stand out. Nobody else is going to be able to do what we do with next-generation game software. So, I can't reveal anything. It's under wraps because it's the big gun."

I'm really hoping this controller is going to have the same/better impact on the industry than what mario 64 had i.e. it changed it.

Miyamoto says 128 version of plumber's pending platform plight will be on Nintendo's next-gen console, calls Rev controller 'big gun.'

I'm having a hard time thinking how they're going to significantly progress game controllers while we're limited to 2D screen displaying 3D images. I'm just hoping they don't go so far into the leftfield trying do something new that they compromise the ergonomics of the thing.

Comment

Things we know about the controller -
      It is wireless.
      It is capable of controlling all past Nintendo games.
      It may have a mic built in as they are testing that on prototypes.

Things we can guess will be in it -
      Gyroscopic controls. Quite revolutionary if done right, and invested in the tech with prototypes being used in some GBA games.

Things that might be in but are a bit more unusual -
      Built in camera that constantly implements you and/or your surroundings into the game.
      Pressure Sensor controls where you could press hard on one handle to speed up and use the other handle as a brake (for example). Kind of done already though in some games.

Comment

It's backwards compatible with all Nintendo games? I guess that's pretty simple to do because all you have to have is enough buttons to play Gamecube games, and just work backward from there...

Heh.

Unless it's going to be the size of the Tekki controller.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
          Things that might be in but are a bit more unusual
          I really liked the idea of that head-set we all seen on that fake video a couple of month ago, i could just imagine something like Metroid Prime on it, instead of using the C Stick to look around your environment, you move your head (with the head-set on) to see the world that surround's you.

I would also like to see a LCD touch screen on the Revolution controller, this would mean your TV could act like the top screen on your DS, thus making the Revolution compatible with DS games!

I just hope the Big ****in N make something special.

Comment

I cant say im suprised about the delay this games been on the cards for years have they even any idea what the games gonna be like its probably 1% complete.

As for the controller lets hope it can change into a Nes, Snes and N64 pad.

Comment

Originally posted by the_dude
              I really liked the idea of that head-set we all seen on that fake video a couple of month ago, i could just imagine something like Metroid Prime on it, instead of using the C Stick to look around your environment, you move your head (with the head-set on) to see the world that surround's you.
              that would certainly stop any further problems with camera problems in games, unless of course you suffer from permanent neck twitches

Comment

I reckon it was the jump from 2D to full 3D world that made Mario64 great. The control method was just and added bonus. For example, Mario64DS is controllable pretty well using the digital d-pad. Games like Ridge Racer (PS2, PSP) are still ultimately playable using the d-pad, but the smooth 3D world they take place in does the business.

A controller is going to have to be very special/weird/different to bring a revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                  Things we know about the controller -
                  It is capable of controlling all past Nintendo games.
                  not including the gamecube, else it wouldn't have ports for it.

I'm thinking its going to be very simple, something no-one else has thought of, but still very very simple, think like a big bopper cushion with A and B on or something

but lets face it - you could probably play nes,snes,n64 on any style of pad nowadays, as long as it has analog for the n64 I guess. I mean you can even emulate analog stick on a touch screen with a pen, so I'm sure they've thought of something simple.

Comment

At least we won't have to fanny about with formating memory cards for specific regions (Gamecube for example) since the console is using SD Memory cards, which is universal. I just hope it supports RGB as well, unlike the Japanese and US Gamecube. Ah well, all we can do is wait and hope.

Comment

I just hope it supports RGB as well, unlike the Japanese and US Gamecube.
                      Mine does!

Comment

Yeah, it's just the cable you need man.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo have under wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                          I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo have under wraps.
                          Yeah, i wonder how much they'll be charging for their games via download, right now i'm hoping for a price of ?10, depending on what game, if it games like Super Metroid, then **** yeah, i would easily pay that for such an excellent game.

It's going to be pretty hard for them to price such content because they know if they charge to much , then gamers will give them the middle finger and download the ROM for nothing!

Comment

I'm still hoping for something completely unrealistic like the Nintendo ON helmet or brain wave control.

I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

As long as Nintendo do something different, and something different that has software that brilliantly exploits the feature its built around, then I'll be happy.

Comment

Yeah, i wonder how much they'll be charging for their games via download, right now i'm hoping for a price of ?10, depending on what game, if it games like Super Metroid, then **** yeah, i would easily pay that for such an excellent game.

It's going to be pretty hard for them to price such content because they know if they charge to much , then gamers will give them the middle finger and download the ROM for nothing!
                              i'm probably not allowed to pay using credit card online, and might have nothing.
                              i thought 200+ games for free was too good to be true, i wanted perfect dark and goldeneye to play again . ?10 is a bit high for some games, some are worth only 10p

Comment

Working...
                              X