Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what games have impressed you this year? (jan 05 - june 05)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what games have impressed you this year? (jan 05 - june 05)

the only game that has really impressed me in the last 6 months has been resident evil 4. (i hated all the other resi's)

ive been enjoying band brothers and electroplankton. but imo they are lacking a certain something. (like most ds games!)

i was truly dissapointed by brothers in arms for the xbox and gunbird special edition (ps2)

i've got a copy of viewtiful joe 2 for ps2 sealed, and i will probally be mighty impressed by that also, as im currently enjoying vj 1.

i'm also getting to the point were i'm forcing myself to enjoy killer 7, i'm really not enjoying it right now and am playing older games instead!

how about you?
    Last edited by butchcvc; 19-06-2005, 00:46.

Kuru Kuru Squash - Just had it nearly a week - loving the control with the Control Stick - going back to the GBA games feels ancient. Some clever innovative levels - but is starting to get insanely difficult at the moment.

Resident Evil 4 - Even though I am stuck on it and it is driving me nuts.

Pac-Pix - Brilliant adddictive, clever game though short.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (X-Box) - 8 to 10 hours in - 13.37% Complete WTF! Loving it, but I'll never finish it.

Burnout 3 - Very addictive and has that just one more go feeling - very moreish. Easy to get stuck in and master - plenty of things to do as well as being a good multi-player game. Wasted many a hour with my Custom Soundtrack on trying to get that next illusive Gold Medal.

I've got The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 & Killer 7 waiting which have impressed in the short time spent with them, but I want to try and get some of the above and my other games done and dusted before I move on to them fully.
    Last edited by Miguel007; 19-06-2005, 01:25.

Comment

Battlefield 2 (demo) - on PC has been hugely impressive.

The Sony PSP has impressed me overall as a piece of kit.

God of War on PS2 was excellent too.

Comment

RE 4 really impressed me (I also didn't like the other games in the series because of the controls).

Lumines has been my "Puzzler of the year" so far.

Nintendogs gets my "Time-wasting on the train whilst getting strange looks from other people" award.

Other than that I'm looking forward to trying Killer 7!

Comment

Resident Evil 4, Stranger's Wrath, Darwinia.

Comment

God of War literally knocked me out cold. The fact that I knew nothing about it prior to playing probably helped.

Comment

Resi 4 , never known a series get such a complete overhaul and it work so well. Always loved the series but playing #2 and 3 after playing through 4 loads of times is painful now.

Forza motorsport , Best driving game since project gotham 2 actually challenging but enjoyable.

Comment

The game that has impressed me most since the N64 has been Kirby DS. Gimmik No. Amazingly designed, good puzzles, plenty replay value, and a great use of the touch controls yes!

Comment

Resi 4 was incredible, I doubt anything will top it this gen.

Other real highlights this year for me were Jade Empire and Psychonauts - which I'm still playing through and loving every minute of it. An astonishing work of pure imagination, and such a joy to play.

Comment

Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4, Gigawing Generations, Lumines.

Comment

Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3 and Jade Empire have been my best games this year so far hoping zelda can be added later in the year.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 and DMC 3 both knocked me for six, even though I knew both titles were going to be great they still managed to surpass my expectations. I could praise them here, but the fact that their threads in first play are still going strong is testament to how great they are.

Jade Empire was a pleasant surprise and VJ2 was every bit as good as I had anticipated.

Final highlights would be Hotshots Golf and Ridge Racers. I had never bought a golf game prior to HSG, but I've not regretted buying it for one minute, it gets played at least once a day at the moment and Ridge Racers was a perfect little collection of most of my favourite bits of the RR series.

RE4 just about pips everything else to the post though, I doubt any other game will beat it for game of the year in my mind. I suspect Killer 7 may come close, but RE4 just worked for me on every level.

Comment

There's been lots of good games, especially on PS2; MGS3, Tekken 5, GT4, DMC3 etc etc... but Biohazard 4 & Lumines are probably the only ones to really impress me.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 - absolutely stunning.Thick atmosphere and addictive gameplay.A true classic of this gen.

Devil May Cry 3 - A crazy amount of depth to the fighting styles and one that rewards you the more you play.Class A action.

SC Chaos Theory - I loved how they opened the gameplay up and those visuals are jaw dropping,probally the best on any console.Also co-op is fantastic.

MGS3 - Best metal gear of them all.Soundtrack,story,visuals,gameplay and some of the best directed cut-scene's i've ever witnessed.Quality character's,really deep and involving storyline that culminate's in a final battle that had my jaw on the floor throughout.

Forza - Everything GT4 should of been.Nuff said!

Comment

I was going to say nothing, but then I remembered Lumines. It's such a fun and addictive puzzler, and a perfect follow-up to Rez. Sega should be ashamed that they let Mizaguichi go so easily.

Resident Evil 4 was also impressive. It was a great revolution of the stale series.

Comment

Working...
                              X