GC Score Attack suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Score Attack suggestions

A couple of friends and I have a regular 'rot night' where we escape the other halves and waste an evening playing games. It's good fun but I'm looking to add a challenge to it, by way of a 'Smut of the Month Club' (Smut being games, we've always called them smut, talking about smut mags in shops gives us some odd looks).

Aaaanyway, I'm looking for some good, cheap (be it shop or ebay) games we can play during the weeks to compare progress at rot nights. In the past it's been things like Def Jam FFNY and bringing our custom chars together for some fights. They'll mostly have to be GC games, as one chap has a ps2/gc, the other has xbox/gc. Ideally there'll be a good score system/time attack.

I was inspired after picking up PN03 for less than 4 quid on ebay and loving the scoring. Suggestions then? Ikaruga is one that springs to mind, or MK: DD TT, but anything considered

Ikaruga is a bit hardcore frankly, how about Fzero GX? Custom cars and time trial ghosts seem right up your street. Just don't snake or baby jesus will cry.

Comment

1080 avalanche has a superb learning curve for Time Trial. It's also LANable if you have a more than 1 of cubes and TVs.

Comment

I dunno, me and my mates quite liked score attacking Ikaruga, even though we were all fairly poor at it. It was quite good watching each of us getting a little bit further with each go.

Comment

super monkey ball (1). score attack individual levels, relax with party games after... job done!

i'll second 1080 too - the time trials are superb; much more accessible than f-zero, but just as adrenal-rush inspiring!

Comment

I'm doing the same thing at the moment hitting mercs mode in resi 4 hard and got vj2 and jungle beat on the way.

Comment

monkey ball, sega soccer slam, winning eleven 6: fe, mario tennis, wario ware and super smash brothers.

Comment

We have/have gone through SMB, soccer slam, mario tennis and ssmb.

I'm keen on 1080 though....

Comment

Starfox Assault

Comment

Starfox Assault
                    with Mario DD and URBZ free in TRU Full price still though

Comment

Star Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by babs
                        I'm keen on 1080 though....
                        it should be said that split-screen mulitplayer isn't so hot, due mostly to a limited course selection. don't know what LAN play looks like, but i'd imagine it suffers the same fate...

but passing a controller around for time-trial action is pretty much perfect; the course lengths are just long enough to get your teeth into, but not so long that others get bored watching.

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen
                          Just don't snake or baby jesus will cry.
                          Get over it Ed, snaking's a legitimate tactic otherwise one of the staff ghosts wouldn't use it.

Comment

VJ2 (36 Chambers Mode - 5th Chamber)
                            Ikaruga (Straight Score Attack)
                            P.N.03 (Straight Score Attack)
                            Mario Kart: Double Dash (Time Trial)

erm....

Comment

Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries - simple, fast and VERY competitive!

(and you get to play through the masterpiece to get this mode!)

Comment

Working...
                              X