Final Fantasy VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyemonkey
    i really enjoyed this game and played it again to get all the extras the chcobos were sort of lost on me the first time. you only realise how deep the game is once you realise how much you can miss, its amazing how much i missed the first time round.

i dident get into ff8 though no matter how much i played it i dident like the carricters and the battles seamed to long it lost its charm, how could it live up to ff7

check out this ff7 flash animation its quite funny

http://195.149.21.55/ff7.htm
    That cartoons great!

You really have to play the game a few times before you totally understand it (a bit like the matrix for some people)

MAtt

Comment

those who have completed FF7 and not read the John Brittenham essay must do so, that should be made into a law

made me look at aspects of the game in a completely different way

Comment

I've been reading that essay, and I'm slightly confused.

Originally posted by spoiler
        In the Crater near the start of the second disc, when Cloud gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth and awakens Weapon, is that actually Sephiroth? I was under the impression that Sephiroth died in the Nibelheim mako reactor 5 years before the events of FFVII, and that the Sephiroth we see during the game was a clone of the original Sephiroth created using cells from Jenova.

This is contradicted by some of the stuff mentioned in the essay. The essay says that the original Sephiroth was created by Shinra, which was the will of Jenova, and that Jenova is the one controlling everything.

Anyone care to clear things up a little?

Comment

I don't think it was every explicitly implied that Sephiroth died at the reactor. If I remember correctly, we just saw him fall into the sludge at the bottom of a shaft. I think.

Comment

4 pages of reactions...convinced this game is for you yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
              I don't think it was every explicitly implied that Sephiroth died at the reactor. If I remember correctly, we just saw him fall into the sludge at the bottom of a shaft. I think.
              Yeah. I think the general consensus is that Sephiroth fell into the Lifestream. But that still doesnt really explain why Hojo says that the Sephiroth that falls from the Materia Tree in the Northern Cave is the real Sephiroth.

Maybe I'm just getting things a bit confused though. It's been a while since I've played the game through.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen_one666
                Maybe I'm just getting things a bit confused though. It's been a while since I've played the game through.
                Snap.

Comment

Sepiroth fell into the lifestream in NIbelheim , somehow he ended up in north cave (end of the lifestream?).
                  The Sephiroths that Cloud sees outside the cave after that point are clones.
                  When CLoud places the black materia in sepiroths hands, he (or jevona to be precise) activtes the weapons.
                  Jevona is controlling everything because she controls Shinra and Sepiroth.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BedroomBusinessman
                    Jevona is controlling everything because she controls Shinra and Sepiroth.
                    Okay, so the Sephiroth Cloud gives the Black Materia to in the Northern Cave is the real Sephiroth. Right.

Still a little bit lost though. Is Jenova just controlling the clones as they have Jenova cells in them? Or is she controlling the real Sephiroth?

Anyways, I think it's time I played through this one again. See if I can understand things a bit more.

Comment

I sat dow to play through the game again a couple of month back before I interviewed Yoshinori Kitase. It has retained its magic- One if not the best 32-bit orthodox RPGs. A game that I will be requiring my children and grandchildren to play.

Comment

[quote="concept"]
                        The ending of FFVII can be looked at in different ways. There are some suggestions that the second time you confront Sephiroth alone, that it's actually happening within Cloud's mind and that he's freeing himself from Sephiroth's influence over him.
                        Interesting. I feel it's all coming together now. I knew about Sephiroth being a 'puppet' of Jenova(and I think it is the real Sephiroth all the time), but this is new to me.

Originally posted by chosen_one666

Anyways, I think it's time I played through this one again. See if I can understand things a bit more.
                        I think we'll all be playing it again if the topic keeps up at this rate

Comment

i have to join this discussion, FF7 is my favourite game of all time and i cant see it ever being budged, everything about is just so fantastic, to the person whose got it for a fiver, you got the bargain of your life, i desperately want the reunion soundtrack and the 4cd soundtrack but cant find an official digicube one anywhere, anyway a question for you all, who is your preferred party of 3?

Mine is Barret/Cloud/Yuffie or Cloud/Tifa/Vincent although evry time i go thru the game again i try to use a different combo of characters, even now i cant bring myself to use Cait Sith in my party!!!

Comment

just going to add my voice to the many.
                            FF VII is certainly one of the greatest games ever, i stupidly sold it, i might have to buy it again and finish it again after reading all this thread and getting all the music.
                            is there any character cooler than sephiroth?...

Comment

Fuddle. I thought that Sephiroth was so cool that I actually got the Xplorer cheat cart just to play as him.

Well worth it I might add!

Comment

Sephiroth is indeed the coolest character ever.

As for party members, mine always goes like this, Cloud/Red XIII/Yuffie. None of the other characters I like. I'd never have Cait Sith in my party willingly after he nicked the Keystone and gave it to The Turks. Bastard.

Also, does anyone have a midi file of the music that was played when Cloud and Aeris were on the tram thing in the Gold Sauver during their date when Aeris tells Cloud that she wants to "meet" him?

Comment

Working...
                                X