Bully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bully

I was wondering if anyone had the chance to read the article on Rockstar's latest creation in the Mirror today or if they had heard about this game at all until now

New York, NY- May 9, 2005 - Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) is proud to announce Bully for the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment system and Xbox? video game system from Microsoft. Bully takes the Rockstar tradition of groundbreaking, innovative, original gameplay and humorous tongue-in-cheek storytelling to an entirely new setting: the schoolyard. Bully is the brutally funny debut title from Rockstar Vancouver and is expected to hit retail shelves in October 2005. Bully will be shown behind closed doors in the Rockstar booth at E3 (324 South Hall).

"We are really excited about the first title to be developed by our Rockstar Vancouver studio," said Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "We fought hard to keep this title under wraps for ages and I am thrilled that we can finally unveil it to people at E3."

As a troublesome schoolboy, you'll laugh and cringe as you stand up to bullies, get picked on by teachers, play pranks on malicious kids, win or lose the girl, and ultimately learn to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school, Bullworth Academy.

and sorry for flogging a dead horse but i had to include the statement from everyone's favourite lawyer Jack Thompson:

Makers of Grand Theft Auto to Release The Bully Game, Featuring School Kids Beating One Another Up

A confidential video game industry source has informed Miami attorney and anti-violent video game advocate Jack Thompson that Take-Two Interactive?s Rockstar Games is working on a new violent video game called The Bully Game.

This new title, according to this deep industry source, will pit rival gangs against one another in a virtual reality school where they can mercilessly beat and harm one another, turning virtual schools into cauldrons of chaos.

Given the fact that video games spill virtual violence into reality, this schoolyard violence is not what America?s schools need right about now.

Today Jack Thompson is contacting the Bush Administration?s Department of Education to alert the President.

If the video game industry is allowed, unchecked, to continue to raise our children, then at this pace pretty soon ?No Child Left Behind? will morph into ?No Child Left Alive.?

President Bush?s oft-repeated mantra that the answer to the entertainment industry?s assault upon our children is that ?parents need to be better parents? is an insufficient firewall against the above outrage coming to a school near you.

CONTACT Jack Thompson at 305-666-4366 for additional information.

jesus can you belive this?

''Mr President, Jack Thompson is on the phone''
    ''Christ what does that ambulance chaser want?''
    ''it appears Rockstar are releasing another game with adult situations sir!''
    ''What? Cancel that world peace summit, this is far more deserving of my attention!''
    Last edited by crazylegs; 25-06-2005, 20:24.

Originally posted by crazylegs

''Mr President, Jack Thompson is on the phone''
    ''Christ what does that ambulance chaser want?''
    ''it appears Rockstar are releasing another game with adult situations sir!''
    ''What? Cancel that world peace summit, this is far more deserving of my attention!''
    I don't think the game can be described as adult when you consider the fact that you control teenage thugs getting up to no good!

I'm not that interested in the title- but I hope it's very tongue in cheek and has a moral message. If it is a brutal vicious violent experience with no redeeming morality then I see little excuse to burden society with even more negativity!

Comment

They are pushing moral boundaries & asking for trouble with this game now when its such a strong subject, we all know what bullying can lead to...

Comment

Working...
      X