Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Tekken 5 and SF3:3rd Strike tournaments in August

Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys know that there will be a couple of tournaments in London for Tekken 5 and Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike if you guys are interested.

The Tekken 5 tournament will be on 7th August 2005.
    The Street Fighter 3 tournament will be on 14th August 2005.

They will be held at Zyrus Nightclub, 103-108 Clerkenwell Road,
    Near Farringdon Station (Circle Line tube, Thameslink train)

Unfortunately, due to the bar rules, only over-18s are allowed in.

They will both be on PS2 version (3rd Strike will definitely be import version since it's not out on PS2 in this country). You can bring your own joypad or joystick.
    The Entry fee is ?5, they start at 1PM
    More details (including prizes) will follow soon.

See here for more details: http://neoempire.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=3902

Also here's a map: http://multimap.com/map/places.cgi?c...erkenwell+road

I know Street Fighter is considered retro by most people (maybe shoulda posted this in retro forum? actually it WAS re-released on xbox and ps2 recently so it's not that old really), but there still is a good following.
    Tekken 5 of course is new and hot!
    Most of the top Street Fighter and Tekken players from Europe will be there (I know most of the older veterans already from previous tournaments hehe), you'll find the action will definitely be world-class ^^

Come and check it out, even if you don't wanna play I think you can still watch and chill there. There will be plenty of alcohol/drinks on sale there as well, seeing as it's a bar.

See you there if you can make it!!!

Rehan (Dead Man Inc.)

that sounds really cool

i'll see if i can round up some friends to come down for it

Comment

surely the NTSC-uk SFIII crew will be there in force? I may go just to watch, my SF skills aren't good enough I fear

Comment

im deffo interested in going to the Tekken 5 tourney, just to check the event out. I know for a fact i cant make the SF3 one because ive got a mates wedding to attend.

My Tekken skills are basic, and ive only ever played a handfull of people at the game >.< Still, be good to go and support an event like this, then hopefully more like this will be arranged.

Must be others who are up for this surely! C'? CorruptRose? Goeman? Mardigan8? Jide? Thurra? Siri? DaveFallows? Could be like a mini meet.

@Chef:

There will be other ps2s about for people to play on right for those not in tourney\kicked out of aye?

Comment

I would have gone to the T5 one, but I'm at a stag do. I would have lost badly though.

Unlike a dressing up as Paul competition: I would have bagged that for sure.

Comment

Yep I'm sure there will be extra PS2s to play casual games on, there usually are.

btw there is a SF3 3rd Strike ranking battle on 4th August near Turnpike Lane. it's a very small event, but it'll be a good warmup for the tournament, getting lots of Street Fighter practice.
            Details here:
            The biggest fighting game tournament in the world returns. Get all the details on Evo’s three action-packed days plus the crowning of new World Champions.

Anyway I look forward to meeting you lot and lots of other new guys

Comment

Anyone going?

Could be a mini meet.

Comment

7th of August? - Tekken? - 90% sure I'll be there.

See you there Jassi.

Comment

Posted this in online gaming and challenges...meh, spamspamspam Also, ok SuperKully, ill look out for ya.

The Golden Gunman Session

http://www.thehandvseye.com/3rd.htm

Still to watch them, so will post feedback on it later. But i heard it was a blinder of a tourney from the those that attended.

A few of these are actual SF3 Tourney players\Trocadero players, so for those of you wondering what kind of skill level you will be up against...take a look. Players include Ryan Hart, Yusuke, CVI, RaJu, Chef, Chunkis, Hax, Prince Hatim, Rakurai, Peaceman, HKC...all which will be at the above tourney and the new ranking battles that are gonna start to take place. (check 6th post)

Comment

Venue change for those who are going...cant make either of the tournies now. BAH.

Comment

I can't go- but it's really great to see StreetFighter still beng pushed and getting people excited.

We need more events like this to inspire younger gamers to get interested in skill based games. You never know there could be quite a lot of young kids with the potential to become SF masters and keep the flame burning!

Comment

Youngsters are now all about reading FAQ's to get passed their games without doing it themsleves then moving onto the next one, games which really don't require complex hand-eye co-ordination and they also play a lot of team-based online games where responsibility is shared and they also like to cheat and use bugs to their advantage as much as possible, they also like to use -standby- on games aswell.

With arcades dead, the only hope is that they're exposed the competitive community through friends or online somehow. Otherwise it'll be just the dedicated fighting fans in the UK and US who get older and older whilst in the East new fresh faces popping up as the next masters /rant over

hehe

Comment

Most people in this thread know the thrill of skill based gaming- competing against others using methods and techniques that one has mastered over time.

Imo 2D fighters are the ultimate show-down- the purest form of competition.

There is a lot of enjoyment to be had from becoming good at something and meeting people with the same passion and commitment. Young gamers need to be shown games like 3rd Strike at there best being played by super skilled masters. Maybe a few of these kids will be inspired to appreciate 2D fighting and spread the word!

Comment

Right, goodluck all the NTSC-UK\Greenhillzone\Rllmuk\SRK players i know that are attending

Edieman
                            Demon Grim
                            Phix
                            Private Ryan\Showbiz
                            Wellei
                            Ex Mosquito
                            Rakurai aka Vince
                            Elcarpeto and Oro
                            The Chef
                            RaJu
                            Rest of the #Cornertrap players
                            Grav0
                            BassVentura
                            Harmonaz

and some of the other UK SRK players...GOOD LUCK!

Now there is 3 tournaments taking place instead of just the one. 3rd Strike, CvS2 and Hyper SF2. Heres the link to Neoempires Tourney page

http://www.neoempire.com/next_tournament.htm

and heres the link to their Tournament thread for anyone wanting to know more details. http://neoempire.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=593
                            I dont think there is a ban on the older chars on Hyper though :S Should just be Super Turbo tbh.

Anyway, seriosley lads, full on skank to get as far as you can! be brutal and show no mercy! Tick throw whenever you can, Aegis trap whenever you can, Cr.mk into SA2\SA3 whenever you can, just try and WIN!!!!! Theres no rules, make sure you guys are in full Tournament mode mentality!

So pissed i cant go

/me runs off crying

Comment

Go on boyz, **** em up oops side da head!

By god I'm getting a stick by Xmas >_<

Comment

Working...
                              X