Those damned cardboard game boxes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those damned cardboard game boxes...

Anyone know any way to play N64 games regularly, and keep both the cart and the box in good condition?
    I really hate these **** cardboard boxes. I've had countless thrown away by unsuspecting family members, not only for N64, but SNES, GBA as well. Plastic DS boxes have been a great move by Nintendo. Makes them last longer!

Those cardboard boxes are way too fragile man and very difficult to keep in good condition. People moan about dvd boxes being prone to getting "scuffed" easily which is true of course, but at least they are much easier to keep in good condition
    Last edited by Kongster; 19-07-2005, 14:17.

Comment

During the n64's prime, i just kept the better game carts in a seperate draw to anything and left the boxes on a shelf, not stacking them at all.

Thats the only way i've kept my n64 collection in a decent order.

Comment

I bought a load of these reguarly from the US when the N64 was current. They're official Nintendo and hold the manual,cart and memory card. If i remember correctly they were $10 for 3. Maybe try Ebay.com?
        Last edited by Pavey; 29-05-2007, 13:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
          Those cardboard boxes are way too fragile man and very difficult to keep in good condition. People moan about dvd boxes being prone to getting "scuffed" easily which is true of course, but at least they are much easier to keep in good condition
          At least you can replace DVD boxes as well. Boxsets like 24 etc are ****ing infuriating, my 24 ltd edition box set is scuffed to hell and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
            At least you can replace DVD boxes as well. Boxsets like 24 etc are ****ing infuriating, my 24 ltd edition box set is scuffed to hell and back.
            True. Even though I do my best to keep my dvd boxes in good condition, they are still a few scuffs on some them. But at the same time, I don't think its something that can be totally avoided though

Comment

Thread for the analists!

Comment

Leave the boxes on the shelf and the carts in a draw. The carts are ridiculously hardwearing so you don't need to worry about leaving them unattended.

Comment

yeh I bought a cheap drawer thing from Ikea to keep the carts seperate from their boxes in (keeps the carts out of dust too) and have the boxes and manual on a shelf where they never really get touched. Seems the best way to keep em and pretty much all my SNES/N64/Jag stuff is mint as a result (apart from games not bought in good condition obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
                    I bought a load of these reguarly from the US when the N64 was current. They're official Nintendo and hold the manual,cart and memory card. If i remember correctly they were $10 for 3. Maybe try Ebay.com?

yeah i had a few of them got them for ?5 a pack iirc from another world.

not seen them for years though

Comment

I remember N64 Mag giving one of those plastic cases away free with an issue. DK64 was on the front I believe.

Comment

Your right,and it was a blue case.

Comment

Yep, I got that DK64 one too. Might still have it somehwere

Comment

Man I loved that magazine!

*daydreams*

Comment

Hehe still got a massive stack of N64 magazine. I was going to sling them out but i held off.

Comment

Working...
                              X