No announcement yet.

Overdue Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I play retro games and I usually complete them first go. The other week I booted-up Biohazard Battle for the Megadrive and completed it in under an hour. The majority of pre 32bit games could be completed in under 2-hours- they didn't take over your life or make you feel overwhelmed.

I think most people find a lot of modern games alluring but ultimately daunting when it comes to the amount of time and effort needed to complete them!

Maybe Miyamoto has a good point when he says he wants to return to making short fun exciting games like those from the 16bit age!

Comment

I have a pile of PS1/DC RPGs that were purchased long ago, but haven't got around to playing. It includes stuff like FF Tactics, Xenogears, Suikoden 1 & 2, Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia.

The main reason they remain unplayed so far is that I don't keep their respective consoles with me at university, and I don't spend much time back at home these days. One of these days, each of those will get their deserved play-time.

For this generation though, when it comes to games that need to be "completed" I've tried to stick to buying a new game only when I've finished the last one.

Comment

Eternal Darkness has been on my shelf since release.

And GT4 as I'm in a big sulk about the lack of Prog Scan in the PAL version. That's what I get for buying PAL releases. So it sits unplayed.

Comment

Some that spring to mind for me are ICO, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2(still sealed), Riviera, Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga(still sealed). The list goes on.

This is the reason why I won't be going into the next gen straight away. I intend to clear all the games on my to-do list before getting a new console. Hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes and not make too many purchases next time around. Things are currently going well for me though, I'm concentrating all my playing time on Atelier Iris:Eternal Mana which I should be finishing soon. Then I'll move onto the next game(probably RE4). I haven't even thought about buying any new games except maybe Ouendan on the DS. I've got Mushihimesama on the way from play-asia but that was a pre-order from a while ago. My main problem right now is that there's still a lot of games I want(I've got like a list of 20+ games) and it seems to be growing daily. I've managed to cut it down to about 10 essential purchaes but that's still a hell of a lot, especially considering a few of them are RPGs which could take ages to complete.

Comment

not really - because I dont buy games I dont want to play or dont intend to

Comment

Working...
            X