MY Japan Trip Arcade pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY Japan Trip Arcade pictures

Here is some picture's of my recent trip to Japan, please be patient as I am uploading them one by one to imageshack and then going to post the links as I make them.One is a picture of my ugly fat ass in the Sony building front entrance, hehe.

Most of the pictures are inside the Sega World at Ueno as they were the only arcade to allow me to take a few brief photos. There is also a pic of the massive Taito world In Akihabara, and a pictue of a Musi madness scene in a toy stor in Ginza, near the Apple store, huge toy store similar in size to Yamashiroya in Ueno. I have tonnes more photos from my trip to japan, some at night showing the beauty of all the different districts when they are lit up, I thought I would just post a few of these arcade pics to let some people see the inside and ouside of a Japanese arcade!

All the other pictures are better quality too, it was hard to get the pics inside the arcade with the bright lights, and trying to snap them before I was pounced on by some staff, at the Luis Vuitton shop in Ginza the security guard tried to wrestle with me to steal my camera because I took some pictures and would not let me leave the store until I deleted them.

Last edited by Mofoman; 02-08-2005, 08:25.

Originally posted by Mofoman
    at the Luis Vuitton shop in Ginza the security guard tried to wrestle with me to steal my camera because I took some pictures and would not let me leave the store until I deleted them.

Nice pictures. Japan is a place I have long wanted to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono

Nice pictures. Japan is a place I have long wanted to visit.
      Thanks alot, if you would like more of Japan in general, drop me a pm mate, and I'll send you some by email.

Japan really is the greatest place on Earth as far as I am concerned, especially Tokyo, the culture, the lights, the gaming, it's all just so different, happy , and well amazing!! There is always something for people like me and you(the gamer) to do, whether bowse around Akiba or hunt down backstreet shops, or go to the arcades and participate in multiplayer competitions, online games and generally have fun. The arcades are a night out it seems for the youth as well, as you see loads of twenty something's and teenagers spending whole nights there, most of the week...it's class!!

I hope you get to go one day Mr. ONO, I really do mate, everyone should experience it, though you have been somewhere I long to go and that is Hong Kong!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mofoman
        There is always something for people like me and you(the gamer) to do, whether bowse around Akiba or hunt down backstreet shops, or go to the arcades and participate in multiplayer competitions, online games and generally have fun.

Nice to hear that you had a cool time, was it your first visit to Japan then Mofoman?

Anyway out of interest which is more popular right now VF4 Evo or Tekken 5?

Comment

that reminds me when I went to America, I we were in Heathrow airport, had to wait a hour for the planes, so I went to the arcade, then this Japanese/Asian looking guy came up and asked me to take a picture of him playing various arcade machines with his camera. I did so and he was pleased! Kinda strange though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kungfu

Nice to hear that you had a cool time, was it your first visit to Japan then Mofoman?

Yeah, it was my first visit to Tokyo.

I have to say that Tekken 5 is by far the more popular at the moment, it is incredibly popukar in tokyo anyway, there was multiplayer and online competitions constantly and all the cabs were always taken at some point.

I could not win a round against the bloody wizards!!

I spent most of my time on Virtua Striker 4, which is excellent and the chihiro Sega Golf Club, network pro tour, which is mazing as well, both games used the memory card system so you could start where you left off, which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kungfu

When I was last there a little while ago it depended on which arcade you went to. They dont have Evo in the arcades anymore at all, for VF it's Final Tuned which is the current version. If you go to the Club Sega arcades in Shinjuku (the one with the big Virtual On section) and Akihabara (basement level is near enough ALL VF4) you'll see the VF masters at work.

What's absolutely mint about the online system for Tekken 5 is that you've got live matches from all over the place (not just the arcade you're in) playing on the big screens.

Comment

Pictures...of arcade machines...err?

Comment

Yeah I know it's great!!(the tekken live thing)

What's up with showing the arcade's nack Nack, I think you have a seriuos issue with me for some odd reason.

Comment

nice shots, i'd like to go there just for the atmosphere...

one day... until then i'll watch lost in translation again..

nice to see you enjoyed it!

Comment

Cheers for the pics dude, me very jelous. One day i'll make it over.

I especially love the ironic T-shirt

Comment

Would love to goto Japan.

Do you know the language? If not how did you fair with things?

I know a bit of the basics but don't know if that would be enough to get me by for a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by NackNack
                          Pictures...of arcade machines...err?
                          Well duh, last time I checked this was a gaming site.

Some nice pics there Mofoman. Did you play the card based sega soccer game at all? Is there still a strong Mushiking scene there (Love that game).

One day I will get to Japan Grrrr.

Comment

Wtf is that football game in the Derby Owners Club style cab?

Comment

As per my post above.

It's a bitch to explain, but basically you have football player cards that you position on the playing surface. The machine can work out where they are so you can control tactics/man mark etc.

Buttons on left put pressure down wings or drive forward/fall back. There is also a shoot button and iirc a save button.

Game play sees you register your players by plonking them down. Training them up (stats are stored on a seperate team card). Then you have to boost moral by giving down players pep talks and then it's a match against someone else.

It's really good fun and the cards are by Panini [sic] so they're really high quality. It's big in Italy aparently. SierieA [sic] players I've seen. There were rumours that Sega are bringing it over here and premiership-ising it.

Comment

Working...
                              X