PSP / Xbox 360 connectivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP / Xbox 360 connectivity

Here's some screenshots of the connectivity you get between XBox 360 and PSP, actual Xbox 360 dashboard shots it's rather cool, in a spooky kinda way. Who would have thought...

Source, second hand but Team XBox originally I think.

Nice. I wish they'd do something like that with the iPod.

Comment

Much more interesting is the ability to plug an iPod in and use it for custom soundtracks in games. No more spending hours importing CDs at a painfully slow rate to the Xbox dash!

It's stuff like that, the Xbox Live arcade, and all of the Xbox Live online functionality that impresses me about 360. It's been really well thought through, far beyond the terraflops and made up polygon per second figures we usually have to make do with on a new system. If MS market it well enough, it will be a useful and important tool in breaking Sony's lead.

Comment

Yeah its been interesting to see them bring there experience of the wider computer market to bear on the XBox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
          Nice. I wish they'd do something like that with the iPod.
          the header of each graphic says USB Mass Storage Device, which is basically what your iPod is... except the tracks are 'hidden' on the iPod. There are lots of 3rd Party apps for Mac/PC that'll browse the hidden tracks, so there's a very real possibility...

god, I hate to say it, the Xbox360 is looking real good... i hope none of my friends see this post!

Comment

360 does connect to an iPod, MS said so at E3.

Comment

Yeah, it's a nice little feature, but it's not PSP specific, it's just using the USB capabilities of the PSP to read the information that's stored there. When they announced it, I imagined it would be something more than that.

Ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                Eeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This console just gets better and better for me.

Comment

iPod connectivity will be the bomb!

after having my xbox for over a year, ive only ripped 5 albums, which is much less than i thought i would.

its just too slow!

cant wait for 360!!!

Comment

Look at the background too, it moves, yum!

Comment

How good would an online fileshare app. be?

That's about the only thing they've left out... as well as the special bit that wanks you off, pours a pint, and then rolls a joint - and sparks it for you - I think that bit's an add-on though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                        Yes, but what they haven't said is if they've licensed the relevant AAC codec from Apple. Without it, you'll only be able to use the mp3 files you've got on there, and 95%+ of my library is AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                          Yes, but what they haven't said is if they've licensed the relevant AAC codec from Apple. Without it, you'll only be able to use the mp3 files you've got on there, and 95%+ of my library is AAC.
                          I suspect you're in a tiny minority there. I've always ripped to MP3 for maximum compatibility and convenience.

Comment

Working...
                          X