X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EQ2 (wow trade)

Anyone here play EQ2???

Whats your honest verdict?

Thinking of trading my lvl 60 paladin for a EQ2 account......

There is a 'Trial of the Isle' free trial that you can download from the EQ2 website or Fileplanet, and probably other places, that allows you to get to level 7 on newbie island.

I have a since cancelled sub, mainly because my WoW addiction doesn't have room for more than one MMORPG at the moment, but I could see promise in it. It feels quite similar to WoW in a lot of interface respects, although the trade skill stuff is a lot more complicated. It's PvE only though, so get out of that what you will.

My brief impressions were that it felt a lot like a MMORPG version of Morrowind in style if obviously not in substance. I probably would have got into it more if it weren't for WoW. Although it seems a lot more tailored to group play, given the large amount of mobs that even from an early level are obviously grouped together. Mobs in EQ2 are in groups that mean they will attack as a group regardless, unlike WoW where you just pull them when they are far enough away from each other. Again, you'll know if that suits you or not. Also, I get the impression it is a lot more 'hardcore' than WoW, levels come slower, as I said trade skills are much more complicated, and even items etc are quite detailed.

The best thing I can suggest is to get the trial and give it a bash.

Comment

Working...
    X