No announcement yet.

The Xbox 360 (Pre)orders thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was so obvious it was going to sell out straight away though.

Look at the PS2 and the Xbox last Xmas they both sold out everywhere and they're 3-4 year old hardware.

I bet Game/Play/Gameplay/Gamestation etc have had thousands and thousands of preorders over the last few days. The UK will see at most 400K machines before Xmas and i bet at least half of them are accounted for already

Comment

surely thats 5000 for gamestation....not total uk shops.
      Originally posted by Mardigan8
      The 3 per person thing Game are doing is LUDICROUS. Its THAT kind of thing that causes the EBay madness, with ***** making profit on those who didnt pre-order months in advance.
      am i reading that right? why is that ludicrous?
      theyre doing that to try and stop people getting them just for ebay.... they should limit it to 1 per customer imo.

(edit: unless you mean games, not consoles, but that would be easy to get round)

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
        theyre doing that to try and stop people getting them just for ebay.... they should limit it to 1 per customer imo.

(edit: unless you mean games, not consoles, but that would be easy to get round)
        I think his point was letting a customer buy as many as 3 consoles is ludicrous.

Comment

And it's also hearsay - based on the thoughts of a manager of one GAME store that we're hearing 4th hand - it's easy to see how these Internet rumours begin.

Comment

erm yes - did it mean anything else

Comment

No, you aint reading it right, what I meant was it is ****E that someone can pick up 3 and then sell 2 for an inflated rate. It is is ludicrous that people are allowed 3. As you said it should be 1. Maybe I didnt make that clear!!

Comment

Originally posted by mardigan8
                5000 units for the entire UK
                Bit hard not to get confused when someone says that, but said earlier it's all speculation and "he said she said" rumour guff..

Comment

Agreed, something gets said then 4 hours later the world is coming to an end

Doesn't help when ***** like me dont read things properly, hehe.

The mental speculation is part of the show I guess. Am gonna just get mine ordered and not worry anymore about it. Remeber things being on a similar stupid scale when Halo2 was coming out.

Comment

I called the Game store where I placed my pre-order, and they told me that I was either 4th or 5th in line for a machine, so I feel pretty confident of being able to get one on release day, and in some ways the exclusivity of the console makes the purchase more attractive, just glad that I didn't wait before placing the preorder.

Comment

I was 3rd on the list for mine!! Even though it was the day after pre-orders started! Crazy!

Comment

There are probably going to be loads of 360's at release, these statements put out are probably just designed to whip up hysteria in consumers, so as to increase sales.

Comment

Nah I dont think so, I think it'll sell out, only pre-orders will get them unless your lucky to stumble into a random Tesco shop that has 50 left or something!

Better safe than sorry anywaY!

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                            There are probably going to be loads of 360's at release, these statements put out are probably just designed to whip up hysteria in consumers, so as to increase sales.
                            I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 360 shortage pre-Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                              I agree, it's all just bull**** hype to sell more hardware. You've got to remember that not everybody in the UK will want a Xbox 360 on it's release. With the PSP being released here in September at ?180, i can see loads of consumers waiting until christmas to buy it.

Comment

Panic pre-ordered my 360 at Game today, said they have taken 30ish preorders so far and expect to receive 100 units come launch day....

Comment

Working...
                                X