Resident Evil 4 Prototype Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy
    Didn't something similar happen with resi evil 2 where they scrapped a 70% complete version and start again?
    Yeah, that version is now referred to as "Biohazard 1.5".

Some videos of it Here

Would be cool if Capcom finished it and included it on a bonus disc or something in the future.

Comment

Cheers for that video Kubrick.

I'm a massive fan of the Resi series and always knew about Resi 2 being scraped but had not seen any videos of it.

Thanks

Comment

From what i heard the unreleased resi evil2 was definetly inferior.think there were less enemys on screen compared to the released version.

Must say kudos to capcom not many companys would scrap a near completed game and start again to improve it

Comment

Check out Sherry and Birkin !

I quite like the Birkin / Frankenmonster idea

Comment

just watched the video and thought the game would have been good but not sure about the ghosts thing

Comment

I think that this video looks spectacular!!I love the scene with the ghost, I think that this is one of the best resi moment's I have seen!!

Someof the concept's they had for the original Resi 4 were maybe a bit old schooll and after the apathy shown towards Resi zero in sales figure's, maybe they felt that a complete new direction was needed, especially considering they were on an excusivity deal with nintendo at the time for the game.

I am still unsure how that worked, and how they got out of the deal, as Nintendo were meant to have the game exclusively for the Gamecube.Can anyone elighten me on how they managed to get round this.
              Last edited by Mofoman; 21-08-2005, 11:43.

Comment

wasnt this 'new' footage bundled in with the games bonus DVD? im sure its the same as the one i got. hmhmmm.......

Comment

Yeah that was established like straight away by someone who put me on my spot!

Comment

Working...
                  X