Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And put 'Movies' in while you're at it.

Comment

What in the name of creamed sanity are you folk wittering on about....?

The PSP is a fixed screen portable not a mobile CRT?

If you think Sony are going to release the UMD format for the PS3 and let folk watch media on a real TV thats hopelessly unlikely, its a portable media format, I imagine someone might want to leaf through the patent/randsom and check but I doubt it'll ever even leave the PSP or portable gubbins.

Logic

Simple ferkin' logic.

Why would they release a competitor to DVD and their own second coming'esque blu-ray... madness.

PAL, NTSC, SECAM, Marconi, Cheese-wire have nought to do with regionality on the PoSP.

Dagnammit.

Comment

the psp chats to it's screen via rgb, which doesn't incorporate the pal/ntsc colour standards, unlike composite, aerial or s-video

and jibberx, we know the colour standards have nothing to do with the psp's screen - the reason such talk has crept into this thread is because of this:

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
        just looked and it says PAL 4.
        it may be written on the box/disc to emphasise the zone it's meant for - lots of us on here refer to uk/european games as pal even though it's obvious they're pal.

as to why the us umds are slower than the uk ones, maybe the us umd's are taken from us dvds, and likewise for the uk ones - us dvds are slower than uk ones as the frame rate is 24.something fps whereas for pal dvds it's 25 fps - 24 is nowhere near ntsc's 30 fps... although all psps are created more or less equal (bar the dodgy square button), the films themselves vary across territories due to things like censorship and what-have-you. heck, i bet that IS the reason.

Comment

Working...
        X