Gamestation b*******!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamestation b*******!

bought a game about 10 days ago second hand. the game happens to be the glorious ratchet and clank, so i have been playing it on and off because i work for a living. then i got to a particular point in the game e.g. where clank speaks to his mum, it crashes on a black screen everytime. i wasn't happy with this, so i went there today to take it back and hopefully get another one, but they wouldn't let me because it passed their 7 day return policy. i was completly and utterly pissed, so i raised hell with them and left the store. im utterly pissed now because i can't finish it. cocks!

the thing is, do they acually expect people to acually finish a game of this length within 7 days.

so this is a warning for everyone, be careful buying second hand stuff from gamestation and watch out because their staff are total arrogant know nothing cocks.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 03-09-2005, 16:45.

You can finish it (probably). Don't choose 60hz NTSC if you are, or the game crashes on certain occasions (it continually happened to me).

50hz PAL is a decent conversion and offers a more stable experience.

Comment

thanks for the reply, i'll give it a shot.

Comment

I thought all pre owned games had a longer guarante period then 7 days, cause 7 days is pretty ****e.

Comment

Bought a mega cd II from them, and the bloke said it was mint. It didnt even work!!!. They changed it for another one though.

Comment

that worked concept. thanks for that, but then im sure i played it in 60hz all the way through when i had it before. i thought it was down to the disc being a complete mess. oh they are still bastards though, im kind of angry that they didnt give a damn about anything.

Comment

I go to Gamestation when I feel the need to pick up retro releases (oddly Bury's retro section is better than either Bolton's or Manchester's, not that I'm complaining).

But yeah... one of the main drawbacks to them is they don't look after current-gen second-hand or even first-hand discs. The few games I've bought from them new have never been sealed, which is a small bug bear of mine.

Glad you got the problem sorted though.

Live... learn... and all that.

Comment

I think, similar to how Blockbuster store their games, because of limited storage space everything (pretty much, bar something on release day/week, when there's loads of copies floating about behind the counter) will have been opened and the disc put in a sleeve/bag and stuck in a drawer.

Comment

Someone needs to dig out the consumer lawbook on defective goods, I always thought you had 28 days to return something thats faulty.

Comment

Trust me on this guys, It's a 7 day return policy if you don't want the game and 30 days if its faulty. If you just wanted to swap Ratchet & Clank for exactly the same game then they shouldn't have had a problem with it as long as you have your reciept.
                    Last edited by Kaladron; 23-09-2005, 11:07.

Comment

Is it only 30 days for return of faulty items? I don't know what's classed as a "reasonable period" for a game to fail but I'm sure your statutory rights would support a longer period than that...

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                        Someone needs to dig out the consumer lawbook on defective goods, I always thought you had 28 days to return something thats faulty.
                        Thats 100% correct

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                          Is it only 30 days for return of faulty items? I don't know what's classed as a "reasonable period" for a game to fail but I'm sure your statutory rights would support a longer period than that...
                          You're right. As long as the disc doesn't appear to be damaged by the customer the "reasonable period" is about 12 months, though i believe that is at individual stores' discretion.
                          Last edited by Kaladron; 23-09-2005, 11:09.

Comment

Is the law different for 2nd hand goods?

I remember when everyone was knocking out old copies of Fantavision for a ?5, they didn't work on my PS2 so i called sony and they asked me to send the in the disc. They sent a replacement within a week or so. Not bad service.

Comment

Your statutory rights are the same for second-hand goods as they are for new, except when you've been specifically made aware of a defect of the product before you buy it (e.g., a TV marked down because of cosmetic damage that is labelled as such - you wouldn't then have any legal right to go back and say you want to return it because it's cosmetically damaged).

However, suppliers can't sell used/marked down products that are "unsafe" just by sticking a disclaimer on it saying that a certain bit's broken etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X