Much Ouchness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much Ouchness

In a moment impressive clumsiness I have managed to slice the tip off my middle finger on my right hand.
    Not too much damage, but bleeds like anything and hurt like hell.

Well as you can imagine this has somewhat curtailed my game playing ability. Basically any PC games that use the WASD system are out as I can't move forwards and any action games are no use, epecially God of War as I have discovered the button mashing opens the wound again.

Just wondering what surgestions anyone has for finger friendly gaming and any other game preventory injuries people might of had.
    Last edited by Mr Pump; 05-09-2005, 14:59.

Originally posted by Mr Pump
    In a moment impressive clumsiness I have managed to slice the tip off my middle finger on my right hand.
    Not too much damage, but bleeds like anything and hurt like hell.

Well as you can imagine this has somewhat curtailed my game playing ability. Basically any PC games that use the WASD system are out as I can't move forwards and any action games are no use, epecially God of War as I have discovered the button mashing opens the wound again.

Just wondering what surgestions anyone has for finger friendly gaming and any other game preventory injuries people might of had.
    Get a DS, and play games reliant on the stylus (Kirby is a good example). Other than that, I think any slow paced games (e.g. ICO) would be good.

Comment

Would it be possible for pc games to use your other hand for the keys and your bad hand for your mouse?

Comment

Any of the civilization games

Comment

Go down to a nail bar and get an acrylic false nail put on that sticks out beyond the end of your finger. That should sort you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
            Go down to a nail bar and get an acrylic false nail put on that sticks out beyond the end of your finger. That should sort you out.
            Somethings are just not worth it, unless they can fashen up some sort of claw.

Comment

monkey ball. .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump
                Somethings are just not worth it, unless they can fashen up some sort of claw.
                Actually, isn't there some sort of metal pseudo-claw adornment that gothic folk wear? I've seen them occasionally at market stalls and the like. might be a bit pointy, but it's better than nothing.

you can also try and play some Donkey konga - just use your palms (so you keep your fingers raised, away from impact) and you'll be fine. good fun, too!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead
                  monkey ball. .
                  Wayhay.

Comment

is this a permanant thing or something you just have to wait to heal?

i would surgest you get yourself an rpg final fantasy, suikoden, or something along them lines (there is even a one handed controller especially for games like this, or some sort of mouse only game sim city, sims, civilazation, sid miyers pirates ect all good fun.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 06-09-2005, 10:22.

Comment

Have you thought of trying a thimble on the finger in question?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman
                        Have you thought of trying a thimble on the finger in question?
                        Can't do it as I have a big bandage on there at the moment. It should heal in a couple of weeks though so going to sit back and get final fantasy finished. All that turn based combat should give it chance to heal.

On a positive note, it looks like I have removed the finger print. Just need to think up some suitable one finger crimes.

Comment

sure Charles started a similar topic 18 months ago after he had damaged a finger/hand or something, can't find the thread though.

Comment

Working...
                          X