[22/09/05] Newfound Enthusiasm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[22/09/05] Newfound Enthusiasm

This last couple of weeks has been a revelation of kinds to me, I've found myself really wanting to play certain games and feeling really upbeat about them in general. I realise that everyone has periods of apathy with games, and I'm no different, but this recent spark has me excited again.

Thankfully it's via that stalwart Nintendo for the most part, say what you like about them but I always end up going back for more. I've had an on and off love affair with my DS since I got it, periods of "can't put it down" followed by weeks of not touching it, but I love it again now. Kirby is one of those classic games of micro-annoyance - you play for a while, get annoyed when you die and turn it off, only to pick it up again 5 minutes later. It's a brilliant little game but I'll save talking about it too much as I have a review to write

The other little salvation for me has been Fahrenheit. Yes, I know it has its problems, I realise it may be more linear than is made out, but damnit I love it. A spiritual point 'n' click for most, and as anyone who read my previous post knows I LOVE those games. The game itself is very good, there's no denying that, but I think the thing that will keep me going back is the atmosphere and story-telling. I get sucked in and love it (fnar oo-er etc).

There's a couple of other games I won't go into now, and I'm really keen to get my hands on Ouendan after playing it. I have faith again, Hallelujah!
Working...
X