Trueplayerz (London)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trueplayerz (London)

I feel rather silly having only just stumbled across this (it has a game with my name in it and EVERYTHING!)

Anybody going? May just turn up as a spectator.

I put my name down for Halo2, but they havent replied with my timeslot!

They're giving away some nice prizes too!

Comment

Hmm, I sorta considered it for a the briefest split-second, then realised that I don't want to pay to be publicly humiliated.

Comment

I'd go if I had the faintest how to play CFJ. If it was Third Strike or Guilty gear however, i'd be there.

Comment

True

I was going to enter the Fighting Jam tourney...not that I play it but the FJ Ryu is so strong that I would have done ok.

BUT

XBox pads only!!! ****. Those things are useless for beat'em ups.

Comment

Originally posted by JamFDUK
            http://www.britxbox.co.uk/index.htm?...s&id=416233168

I feel rather silly having only just stumbled across this (it has a game with my name in it and EVERYTHING!)

Anybody going? May just turn up as a spectator.

Shame, I would have popped in as a spectator, but I'm up in Reading this weekend. Whoever goes must give me a full report!

Comment

I'm going. Battlefield 2, Capcom Fighting Jam and Burnout Revenge.

Yes, I'm going home in shame.

Comment

Just got my timing for Halo2, and its 11am. Dont know if its worth waking up early for.

Comment

Ah... but you should have come. It was great fun... but then, I would say that.

Comment

Though it was a bit of a shambles myself, the Halo final was farcical at best with one screen being so dark you couldn't even see weapons on the floor. Hence nobody on this side of the screen ever won a match in the spilt screen mode and the final was won before it started, did the best player win? Several I spoke to didn?t think so. Besides that?s if you made it past the pods, being just over 6?6? didn?t help combined with players not being able to use their own controllers.

Burnout would have faired far better had it been conducted in a 3 lap race mode than the Road Rage rubbish, which incidentally tended to lean more towards luck rather than consistent skill.

Battlefield? I honestly don't know what it was there, only just finished by EA. Hardly any ?console only? players would know how best to approach it? But the sponsorship may have been more important than equating the quality of titles used in the competition.

Overall, the general organization was not well laid out and it wasn?t cheap to enter. I might go again, haven?t decided yet. It really depends if things are improved and the organizers take notice.

Comment

er... okay. Some of that I agree with (the best player didn't win Halo 2...), other bits I don't (use your own controllers? Er, right). It was an enjoyable day though... and how can you say it wasn't cheap to enter? A fiver plus three quid per tournament, AND it's for charity. Bloody cheapskate.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                        use your own controllers? Er, right. It was an enjoyable day though... and how can you say it wasn't cheap to enter? A fiver plus three quid per tournament, AND it's for charity. Bloody cheapskate.
                        I know a guy that?s a superb player with the big controller, playing on an S controller attached to a store demo pod is neither practical or comfortable, don't you agree? Also I understand 1 of the 4 pods was patched, again a simple oversight but it means all things are not as equal as they should be or am I being picky?

The cost for 4 of us came to in excess of ?65 including travel, ok when the facilities are up to scratch. I've got nothing against money going to charity, in fact it?s the only reason I entered, of course I'd like to know how much was raised and where it went?

Overall I did enjoy it, but the Halo was disappointing and I'd like to see better organization.
                        Last edited by Toast; 26-10-2005, 20:14.

Comment

For fighting games you have to be allowed to use your own stick. End of.

Comment

Actually, you've got a point Toast... but then, pods are always going to be awkward to deal with, especially when it comes to pre-attached pads. The patching thing was a bit of an oversight - I heard plenty of people complaining about that. Not sure how much was raised in the end, but I asked for it all to be donated to Child's Play (the Penny Arcade charity).

And as for fighting games... well, you're absolutely right Widegoat. Although how many people would be bothered to lug their sticks down for what could be just one fight, I don't know... although I'd hope it's loads.

Comment

Working...
                            X