No announcement yet.

Are You Getting The Jap SC2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is too big a release to wait all the way till august.
    i had no problem with soul edge or soul calibur being in japanese, so i cant see any reason not to get this one too.
    ...already got the game cube version pre-ordered

Comment

I think i'll wait for the US release of this title...the cube one that is.

looks amazing. cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
        As for the conquest mode, this will be the mode where i explore mainly in the US version, but that doesn't mean i shall completely leave it out in the JAP. I shall see how i find it. Maybe even trying to make a game in its self to work out what u are supposed to be doing, could turn out being more fun....
        Conquest Mode, is not what is shown in these screenshots. These screens show Weapon Mode which is a different thing altogether.

Conquest Mode is an option in the arcade version where you build up a character RPG style and fight against other people's developed characters, controlled by an AI that learns from how you play as that character (think Kumite mode in VF4). People also choose sides and battle it out for control of certain areas of a world map, and the first side (there are 4 sides currently on the machine at Trafford Centre) to control all the map wins, and then it starts again. As Conquest Mode requires a large number of human participants, I can't see how this mode will transfer to the home. No major loss though. It's a decent enough idea, just poorly implemented. The AI is really pathetic, even on the characters that have been built up by some awesome players.

Comment

Jap version on GC... plus the Hori arcade sticks. Now if miracle upon miracle happens and I receive my parcel by Saturday then I'll bring it up to the NTSCUK meet
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Well I thought it was being released earlier than August in the US, but as it is not I will go for the Japanese version. It should be easy enough to follow and it should have nicer box art as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
              Jap version on GC... plus the Hori arcade sticks. Now if miracle upon miracle happens and I receive my parcel by Saturday then I'll bring it up to the NTSCUK meet
              If you can.... you have just got your first no.1 fan... I will be more then happy to make you a tea whenever you call
              ...possibly even clean your feet. Or not

In all seriousness the chances of that happening are very slim, but it would be just perfect is someone received their copy within the 2 days between the release and the meet.

quote: C'
              Conquest Mode is an option in the arcade version where you build up a character RPG style and fight against other people's developed characters, controlled by an AI that learns from how you play as that character (think Kumite mode in VF4). People also choose sides and battle it out for control of certain areas of a world map, and the first side (there are 4 sides currently on the machine at Trafford Centre) to control all the map wins, and then it starts again. As Conquest Mode requires a large number of human participants, I can't see how this mode will transfer to the home. No major loss though. It's a decent enough idea, just poorly implemented. The AI is really pathetic, even on the characters that have been built up by some awesome players.
              Many thanks for describing that C', i was unaware. Thank you. It sounds very interesting, but a shame that the AI is poor. Is this mainly an option that needs other players? I very rarely play with other gamers so would probably not experience this mode to its full.... Can one enjoy it still in solo?
              Of course, this will not affect my purchase in anyway, simply just interested. Thanks in advance

Another matter that I was wondering. Something that bothers me slightly is that I have heard that some of the voices are in English/American. Surely all shall be in Jap in the Jap version?? A silly Q. I know, but sometimes in jap games the text is in Japanese but the voice-overs are in English. I hope this is not the case with SC2.

Regards
              Adam
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Tekken 4 JPN had English voices, which ruined the experience imo.

I got through Soul Edge and Soul Calibur both in Japanese without too much trouble. I'm going to pick up the Japanese version of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                  Many thanks for describing that C', i was unaware. Thank you. It sounds very interesting, but a shame that the AI is poor. Is this mainly an option that needs other players? I very rarely play with other gamers so would probably not experience this mode to its full.... Can one enjoy it still in solo?
                  Of course, this will not affect my purchase in anyway, simply just interested. Thanks in advance

Another matter that I was wondering. Something that bothers me slightly is that I have heard that some of the voices are in English/American. Surely all shall be in Jap in the Jap version?? A silly Q. I know, but sometimes in jap games the text is in Japanese but the voice-overs are in English. I hope this is not the case with SC2.
                  Conquest Mode cannot be played on your own. Although it is a one player option (in that you fight against the CPU AI) you need a lot of human players to create your opponents. It's a bit difficult to explain if you haven't seen it, but I will try. When you select Conquest, you are presented with a screen to select 'New Game' or 'Continue'. Obviously on your first go you select New Game. You then select which character you are going to use. Following this you type in a usename and password (using the same interface as the 2nd screenshot in your first post). These details are then stored in that machine, and whenever you select continue you can enter your username and password and continue developing that same character. Badically you then get 8 fights against different opponents. Now your stats get increased based on how wel, you fight but also the computer pays attention to how you fight. For example, it will notice if you attempt to use throws alot, whether you are good at timing your parries or impact guards, or if you always start the round with a certain attack. After the eight fights the game ends (actually you get the option to fight against the AI using the information it got from your playing style). Obviously the more time you spend develpoing the character, theoretically the stronger it becomes.

Now here is why I will be surprised if the mode makes it home, and why it will be useless if yuo are the only person playing your copy. The CPU opponents you fight against are not the standard AI, but characters that have been developed by other players visiting that arcade. So when you go up against a Kilik, it is a Kilik in the playing style of another human player (theoreticaly). So if you don't have other players using your version, there will be no other Conquest opponents for you to face, if yuo understand what I mean.

As for the speech question. I'm not sure. I don't know if the Japanese PCB has Japanese voices on or not. If it does (and the American voices were added for the western version) then I expect the Japanese console conversions to have Japanese voices aso.

Comment

im gonna get the NTSC-U version on Xbrick PS2 and Cube, cos sum bastard decided that i cant play Link against Spawn ft:

Comment

JPN Xbox because it's the best version. I won't get the game straight away though.

Comment

Ill most likely get the Gamcube version, but will definitly get the XBox version. Proper Progressive Scan support, a far better pad to control the game with, and as Sidez said, the best version, although the first two factors are the most important to me in this case.

Comment

It's the reason i got Saur to chip my Xbox

Got the JPN Xbox version on order, and will probably pick up the PS2 PAL version later on so i can take it to my mates and get them back into beat'em-ups.

Unless i get my nice Silver PS2 chipped that is. In which case I'll get it on Jap PS2 as well

Comment

Going to have to be the PAL Xbox version for me (as it's nod modded).

Until then though, the DC original played with a couple of arcade sticks will have to do.

Comment

Japanese PS2 version + arcade stick, even if it ws text heavy, i'm not scared of it after the experience that ws FFXin JPN nothing can come close to the amount of text and pain of trying to cope with that in JPN.

Comment

Working...
                              X