I've always wanted to do that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wanted to do that!

Playing through Rockstar's 'The Warriors' at the moment and for me the ultimate mission has popped up. Break into a 1979 New York train yard and throw up some pieces while tussling with other writers and avoiding guards.

Dream come true - I shall be replaying that level to death

Another one would be the opening Death Star section of Star Wars Rogue Leader on the Cube - wanted to do that ever since I was a kid, played that section so many times now I can do the trench run flying upside down 8)

So whose been able to live out any life long fantasies through video games and what were they?

Always wanted to be able to blast through walls in FPS's, also wanted destructive scenery. Thought Red Faction would offer me all that. How horribly disappointed I was.

Comment

Taking down giants the size of mountains, whether on the ground or elsewhere.

I'd dreamed about doing these things since watching 60's/70's fantasy films when I was small.

To be able to do so, in such a beautifully chereographed, handled way... with my character being flung about clinging on as though he's a flea thousands of feet up is breathtaking, gobsmacking and inspiring.

Comment

I love kicking people repeatedly until they are unconscious, hence my love of 2D fighters.

I always fancied being able to elaborately fire dinosaur eggs in any direction using a simple targeting system. As a result, Yoshi's Island was an absolute boon. Thanks, Shigsy!

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
          I love kicking people repeatedly until they are unconscious, hence my love of 2D fighters.
          You need the warriors in your life Seany !

Being able to watch a guy squirm face down on the concrete trying to crawl away only to stomp on his head till you see red - fantastic.

Comment

As a kid I always wanted to play Zelda A Link To The Past in full 3d, and face some of the massive bosses in a fully realised world. Ocarina of Time came out, I played it (OOT) non stop for a week til I'd seen everything it had to offer, fabulous game and everything I'd ever wanted from a 3d Zelda, never been bettered, wonder if twiglet princess Or whatever it's called) will deliver?...

Comment

Being able to drive assorted exotica around the Nordschleife N?rburgring in all it's 13 mile glory.

Comment

Aye. Ocarina of Time had many such moments. To list them would be to spoil the game for the few who haven't played it here.

But the Forest Temple... the intelligence of design for that was out of this universe.

As for the The Warriors. I haven't really started it yet (I only played an hour yesterday). but it really is viscious. Captures the feel of the film brilliantly too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                  You need the warriors in your life Seany !

Being able to watch a guy squirm face down on the concrete trying to crawl away only to stomp on his head till you see red - fantastic.
                  That is class, they look so pathetic - you have to put them out of their misery...with a large iron bar...

Comment

Trench run for me, too.

Re-enacting Bullitt in Midtown Madness 2 was pretty cool, too.

Comment

Well, grand theft auto vice city allowed me to jack a car drive down the road , whilst mowing peeps down, then getting out and jacking another better faster car and repeating the process! Priceless! Oh all that whilst blazing some fly ass 80's tuowns!

pilot wings allowed me to fly, so thats an achievment in itself! Convincingly too!

Comment

To be able to destroy buildings, huge ones, but accuratley so. I've always wanted to see some kind of violence-em-up in sky-scrapers, but for example be able to completely demolish supporting walls, and to have the buildings come down accurately.

A Rampage for generation X I suppose

Comment

Speaking of GTA... the

base jumping/parachuting

in San Andreas.

Something I'd always wanted to do in videogaming form, and proved to be an incredible addition (I still regularly

parachute miles high

in SA).

Comment

Racing Valentino Rossi around Phillip Island without worring about dying if you fell off at 200+ mph.

Comment

i've always wanted to infiltrate a hijacked tanker and tussle with armed russian militia. you can only guess my delight when MGS2 came along.

being able to do nothing all day except wander about, play arcade games and buy useless videogame related merch is always a good way for me to kill time - enter Shenmue. wonderful
                              Last edited by bingowings; 27-10-2005, 11:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X