Advertising the new Tony Hawk game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advertising the new Tony Hawk game

I don't know about anyone else, but first time i saw how they are selling the new Tony Hawk game i lmao.

"I can't wait to skate!"

.......the first skating game with no loading......

way to go!!!

Hawks is filth.

Doesn't seem to be very much loading on my GBA Tony Hawk 2, to be honest.

Comment

courtesy of GAME

No levels. No load times. Just never-ending action that doesn't stop until you leave the game! Tony Hawk's American Wasteland gives you - for the first time ever in a Hawk game - the freedom to skate, or bike, throughout a rich, expansive open environment. Once you arrive in Los Angeles, the vast city that gave birth to skate culture, the sky's the limit as you progress through the Wasteland story and choose missions that will have you immersed in the action without ever skating the same line twice!

Features:

Freedom To Ride Forever: No load times. No level-based gameplay. In American Wasteland, you travel throughout the vast urban terrain of Los Angeles including Hollywood, East L.A., and other landmark areas without restrictions or repetition.

Comment

From the First Play Thread:

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
        I'm disapointed that it's not just one massive flowing city. Admittedly I didn't read too much in to it before release but I just figured it was one massive city streaming off the disk. Instead you have to skate down empty tunnels rather than getting a loading screen.
        Weak!

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is? I'm looking forward to the new TH game, as I am every year!

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
            I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is? I'm looking forward to the new TH game, as I am every year!
            I think its poking fun at the TV advert where Mr Hawk skates into a huge loading screen and falls of his deck. The difference between watching a loading screen and skating down a bland loading tunnel not being that different I guess - although I shall reserve some judgement until I have experienced it, maybe it works well...

Anyways he has a skate park in his back garden so screw him

Comment

Yeah it were just the fact that insatead of mentioning anything (that might be) good about the game their selling point is no loading?!1#

I'm happy with Neo Geo CD load times, this is wank!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                I think its poking fun at the TV advert where Mr Hawk skates into a huge loading screen and falls of his deck. The difference between watching a loading screen and skating down a bland loading tunnel not being that different I guess - although I shall reserve some judgement until I have experienced it, maybe it works well...

Anyways he has a skate park in his back garden so screw him
                It does work well. The tunnels aren't too long, and there's plenty of stuff to grind and jump over, so it's not just an empty tunnel from one level to the next. If I was good enough it would be perfectly possible to combo from one level right through each level to the last one I've done a combo from one level to the next though, so it would be do-able

I'm enjoying it so far. It's a lot better than THUG/THUG2; things are a lot more difficult now, more realistic, and less cartoony. Actually I'd say the only downside is there are only six Classic mode levels ft:

Comment

Well there on about what game #7 now?

Whilst I never enjoyed the games at least it was evident to me that there were improvements made to the system that allowed the game to evolve (i.e. manual rolls, inverts, heck even spine transfers).

However the last few games have gotten increasingly desperate as to what improvements can be made, a point best demonstrated with their 'no loading times' advertisment angle.

Comment

Well, i didn't even know there was a 'no loading times' advert- could have been clearer for us who aren't glued to the TV all the time!

There has been something new everytime in every game, the THUGs added storylines. The major improvement this time round seems to be BMXing, and after seeing how you control it, I'm looking forward to trying it out

Comment

Still, it's not one massive flowing city is it? What I should have said was 'bland' rather than 'empty'. All I've encountered so far is just some simply textured tunnels with a few benches in...hardly exciting is it?

Originally posted by RLench
                      It does work well. The tunnels aren't too long, and there's plenty of stuff to grind and jump over, so it's not just an empty tunnel from one level to the next. If I was good enough it would be perfectly possible to combo from one level right through each level to the last one I've done a combo from one level to the next though, so it would be do-able

I'm enjoying it so far. It's a lot better than THUG/THUG2; things are a lot more difficult now, more realistic, and less cartoony. Actually I'd say the only downside is there are only six Classic mode levels ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                        I don't know about anyone else, but first time i saw how they are selling the new Tony Hawk game i lmao.

"I can't wait to skate!"

.......the first skating game with no loading......

way to go!!!

Hawks is filth.
                        Yeah, this ad is real cheap.

Comment

does popping the game on the xbox hdd make it any more seamless?

Comment

Working...
                          X