X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox - Not the 360's biggest fan

That's some 'journalism' right there

Comment

20th century Fox are bluray backers - They have a vested interest in seeing PS3 succeed. And we all know that Mr Murdoch news outlets are not immune to promoting a certain point of view.

Comment

They do know that the main point is to play xbox 360 games and not xbox games right? And whats with 50 cent bulletproof and the Warriors being 2 of the hottest games this year Definatly not buying one now seeing that it won`t play them games.

Comment

Don't believe the hype ? and don't buy the Xbox 360
          Damn, I'm convinced. Per-order cancelled ...

Comment

they do have a point about the ridiculous cash youll be spending on the console

i mean your talk bout 300 quid to just get the console then 50 bucks a game so to get the console and say 3-4 games your talking 500 quid which is pretty steep

Comment

I won't even put my mouse pointer near that link...it makes me feel dirty. Fox are just plain evil...damn them for funding The Simpsons!

Comment

It's no more expensive than most launches I care to remember.

Comment

And that is the most transparent piece of writing I've ever seen. Is that typical of the American media, then?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                    The premium pack is not expensive at all in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                      I was gonna say that! Wasn't the PS2 ?299.99 on launch? More if you actually wanted to be able to play and/or save a game though...

Comment

It's definitely typical of Fox...closely followed by CNN. I don't know what the magazines are like cause I can never find any content between the hundreds of pages worth of adverts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                          I was gonna say that! Wasn't the PS2 ?299.99 on launch? More if you actually wanted to be able to play and/or save a game though...
                          Cost of consoles at launch, from memory:

Saturn = ?399
                          Playstation = ?299
                          Playstation2 = ?299
                          Dreamcast = ?199
                          N64 = ?249
                          Jaguar = ?249

Comment

Originally posted by Haribokart
                            The premium pack is not expensive at all in my opinion
                            But the premium pack won't allow full online functionality or backwardsa compatibility as it doesn't have a Hard drive. Did I read you need to buy the online components separately as well?

Also I might have been spoilt by hand held pricing and online import shopping for my other consoles but...?40 per game on Play.Com? ?45 for Perfect Dark? That is steep!

I am never buying a console at launch ever again anyway. I learnt with the N64 when I got it for ?250, had 1 game on it for ages, and then by the time anything else I wanted was out it had dropped to ?150. I should have waited till then and I would have still been able to play that 1 game, plus i'd have had an extra ?100 to blow on other titles.

Comment

The premium pack is the one WITH the HD.... and the wireless controller etc, so it's a bargain compared to the core pack and buying extras separately

Comment

Working...
                              X