No announcement yet.

What do you want from the new Tekken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always played Tekken, I never got into SF2 or VF. I started with Tekken and went from there. I think that the series definitely peaked at Tekken3, I bought tag, and enjoyed the fancy graphics, but I think that it is time for a big change.

Even if they make a huge change, and it's not as good,then we still have 3, tag and 4 to fall back on. The series (to me) seems a bit stale at the moment.

I liked Tobal, it's nice to hear somebody mention it. The reversals and counters in Tobal were almost impossible. On the few occasions I managed to time one properly, it takes a huge amount of skill or luck

I've been playing DOA2 on PS2 recently, and I enjoy the speed of it and the rapid counters. It doesn't feel like you could squat blocking and soak up all damage like you could with Tekken. There needs to be a feint, or a block breaking move added, (having said that I haven't bought Tekken4 yet, that might be there)

Anyway, I'm an edge refugee for the moment. I like what I've read here so far, and I think I'll definitely be back

Comment

Welcome to the forums . Is it true that the Edge forums are shutting down?

Comment

The Tekken series peaked at number 3 for me too. Tekken 4 was a complete let down. it seemed like a soulless facsimile of previous games. I just found nothing to like about it, so like Sidez, I'm hoping the series ends with number 5.

Namco should concentrate their efforts on producing more new stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X