360 Hardware Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteBrant
    Which is highly unlikely, given that mobiles work on 900 and 1800MHz frequency bands. 3G Uses the 2GHz band. 11g is 2.4GHz, as is bluetooth though phase shifts mean that these wont interfere with each other.
    Was referring to wireless home phones / microwaves etc, all of which can play with an 802.11G wifi signal according to MS !

Originally posted by from original post above
    Condemned did this to another Ars staffer several times due to an unruly 2.4Ghz phone in the house, and the same thing happened to me. Any time the phone rang, the wireless connections in the house all went down, taking his Live connection with it and booting him back to Condemned's starting screen

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy
      Was referring to wireless home phones / microwaves etc, all of which can play with an 802.11G wifi signal according to MS !
      I can confirm this - Our microwave at home completely knocks out the wireless LAN connection due to it's proximity with our router, or at the very least reduces the signal to Very Low / No Signal, 1mbps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
        Also I noticed the rechargeable battery on the pad (I have the play & charge kit) seems to be running out of juice very quickly after a full charge, but I found the same with my 5G video iPod initially, but it got much better after a week or so of daily charges.
        Rechargeable batteries usually take 3-4 full charges and complete discharges before they work to their optimum ability, then a monthly discharge and full charge will keep them refreshed.

Comment

YES!!!!!1 Got my 360 and all accessories! Will Play Ridge Racer 6 tonight, and come back with my verdict on it! See ya!

Comment

Working...
          X