No announcement yet.

Jet set radio pachislo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canuhavebabies - did you get the volume mod done on request or is that just how it came? If it was on request how much did the mod cost you out interest (if you don't mind me asking)?

For those of you who lucky enough to have a pachislo just how loud are they in there natural state? I really fancy getting one but a bit worried about the noise late at night etc..... I've heard that cotton wool balls can also be used to dampen the sound but not sure how effective that is.

Cheers!
    Last edited by tom-nook; 22-12-2005, 13:27.

Comment

Well even knowing that JSR is seriously loud didn't prepare me for just how loud it is. It really is bloody loud. I've heard it varies a lot from machine to machine.

Comment

Cheers Dogg Thang.

That's not so good as the walls in my house are paper thin and it's the JSR machine that I've fallen for!

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook
          I've heard that cotton wool balls can also be used to dampen the sound but not sure how effective that is.
          i've tried the cotton wool approach, whoever said it works was fibbing, it IS quieter if i'm being pedantic, but it's not exactly lots quieter. i just think the people who said it works were deafened by the machine first

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook
            canuhavebabies - did you get the volume mod done on request or is that just how it came? If it was on request how much did the mod cost you out interest (if you don't mind me asking)?
            the volume mod was with it already.

Comment

I contacted Steve to ask if he was getting any more JSR machines in and he very kindly sold me his last one that he was keeping for himself. Top guy, can't wait to receive it

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sounds like my best bet would be to track down a pre-modded unit (I have no soldering/ electrical knowledge at all) if I want to get the volume down to a non ear-shattering level.

Cheers again

Comment

Well I have no electronics knowledge at all. None. I can't even wire a plug (seriously). But I got volume mods for my Star Wars pachinko from Nik at Just Pachinkos (http://www.Pachinkos.co.uk I think) and he wrote out little instructions and they came in a little plastic thing so all I had to do was cut the plastic off a bit of the wire and pop it into the plastic thingy. No soldering needed. Actually my description of that probably gives away the level of my electronics expertise.

These pachinko volume mods would work the exact same way in a pashislo so, if you have any trouble finding a pre-modded one, contact Nik. You couldn't ask for a more helpful guy to deal with.

However, if Steve gets any more JSR in, I'm sure he could do the volume mod for you.

Comment

If anyone is still interested, I'll be selling my Jet Radio pachislo soon. I bought this from Steve at 777 Heaven late last year, it has already got volume controls fitted (by Steve) which work very well and Steve has very kindly agreed to pass the warranty on to whoever buys the machine from me. I'll probably be putting it on E-bay in the next week or so, but if anyone is interested, please let me know. Steve's told me that he can't get hold of any JSRs anymore. I'm only selling to make way for the Spinluck machine I've just bought from him.

Comment

How much?

Comment

I haven't decided yet. I've only just decided I'll need to sell it after buying the Spin Luck on Tuesday. I'm debating whether I'm going to list it on Ebay or put a price on it - I thought I'd give people the heads up now. I'm a member of Pachitalk and quite a few people from this site posted on there around Xmas and Steve said there was a lot of interest from here on the JSR. I thought I'd make people aware to find out if there was any interest, before deciding how to go forward. Also, I'll need the new machine to be delivered before I can sell the old one, as I'll use the packaging from it.

Comment

Working...
                        X