Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose bought a new AV setup for 360 then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose bought a new AV setup for 360 then?

Just chatting to someone on IRC, I mentioned that the HDTV support for the XB is a pretty large selling factor for people on the forum, how many of yo uhave bought yourselves new AV setups in preperation for 360 and what did you get?

If noone has Ill eat my hat, but I imagine theres been a fair few people who have finally been seduced into HDTV and beyond by the 360

Yup. New TV and new sound setup.

TV - LG 26LX2R HD-Ready LCD TV.
    Sound Setup - Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 THX Speakers (built-in DD/DTS/PLII decoders).

A bit of an upgrade from a crappy old Asda 14" telly and stereo. Well chuffed, and think it was well worth it, even without a 360.

Comment

Yup. New HDTV. I was resisting until I saw the 360 running on one and bought one about 2 hours later!

No surround sound for me. I have it but its in its box. I can't be doing with the wires everywhere and as I rent I can't really do much to hide them.

Comment

New HDTV for me as well - a lovely 32" JVC. Having seen the system running on it, I'm now in no doubt that I made the right decision in spending the cash to get it.

It just means the 101 family will be having a very lean Chrimbo this year

Comment

I bought a HDTV, though a large part behind my reasoning was to play Shadow of the Colossus in component at 480p.

I also had the next-generation in mind and how to get the best out of playing games.

Comment

Toshiba 37wlt58 for me - soundwise I have been sorted for some time (I am thinking of upgrading my speakers at some time though)

Comment

Yep i,m Waiting for it to be delivered right now delivery between 5-9 pm evening delivery its all too much with friday en all.... lots of toys

Comment

I bought the 26" Sammy a few months back in preperation.

I'm moving house soon so i'm hoping to get a new 'main' setup. New Amp, Speakers and a HD plasma. Depends on the good lady-wife tho :/

Comment

Smae here. Bought a 26" sharp LCD telly. The 360 isn't my only reason for buying one, but it did make a difference....

considering new speakers now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                    Yup. New TV and new sound setup.

TV - LG 26LX2R HD-Ready LCD TV.
                    Sound Setup - Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 THX Speakers (built-in DD/DTS/PLII decoders).

A bit of an upgrade from a crappy old Asda 14" telly and stereo. Well chuffed, and think it was well worth it, even without a 360.
                    Same, cept I got the 32" tele.

I can't imagine how meaty the engine sounds in PGR3 will be with that sub Can't wait!

Comment

Yup - 46" Samsung DLP. My sound system is still okay though.

Comment

Same as John B. Saw a demo pod, decided then and there to get a HDTV.

Comment

I got a Panasonic th42 pv500 plasma a few months back in preparation for this which has been the business. But i have yet to see it run anything good yet (apart from an old pc).

480p f-zero on the cube looks incredible so pgr3 etc should be amazing.

Comment

I'm in the samsung club.

Comment

Yeah, - I got a 26" Panasonic - the picture is incredible!

only 2 days till it gets it's proper usage

Comment

Working...
                              X