The Xbox360 Get thread - Your Launch Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Xbox360 Get thread - Your Launch Experience

This is the place to document your midnight launch and queuing experiences.

Are you celebrating or fuming? What happened? We need to know!
    Last edited by SubparMario; 02-12-2005, 19:03.

Well, as Reading Gamestation gears up for it's launch, i'll be attending later. I'll tell you all how it went in the morning!

Comment

This is how it'll work for me.

See its 12 aclock, Hurrah the X360 is relesed! Go to sleep. Wake up, go to Game and buy it.

Comment

Well I just phoned my local tescos extra, I couldn?t get through to the electrical dept. but the security guard spoke to me ? he says there are 30 people waiting in store (this is at 5pm mind!) for a 360 already and they only have 19 which will go on sale at midnight ? 11+ people are going to be unhappy!!

I pity the foo' who didn't preorder somewhere that accepts preorders!!

Comment

intending on picking it up tonight from Gamestation and getting home without being mugged

and going to my bed - will post thoughts in the morning

Comment

I'll be out in the wind and rain at Gamestation Eastbourne later, went to the PSP midnight launch and it was ok. At least the staff provided soft drinks, crisps and chocolate to keep us happy. I'll update later tonight.

Comment

Haha, not much to say really. I can sum up last hour or two very quickly.

Tesco Extra: No, go away.
              PC World: No, go away.
              Currys: No, go away.
              Toys 'R' Us: No, go away.
              Gamestation: No, go away.
              Game: No, go away.
              Virgin: No, go away.

Whatever. I'll pick one up in a couple of weeks then. Not too fussed now, all the magic has gone.

Comment

Whered you contact ToysrUs wush? Cant find a telephone number for my store.

Comment

its on their website

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/framestatic...nderLondon.htm

click on the picture of the store you need

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                    its on their website

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/framestatic...nderLondon.htm

click on the picture of the store you need
                    Thanks mate! Went to the site earlier today but only saw their address and wondered why they didnt provide a phone number.

Comment

Contact? My flatmate and I bused and walked our way to each god-forsaken store.

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                        Contact? My flatmate and I bused and walked our way to each god-forsaken store.

Seems like my local store is selling them tomorow, and asked the lady if she knew when queues might start forming in the morning, and she said if I came in 10 minutes before it opened, then Ill surely get one. The ignorant fool!!

Comment

well i'm getting ready for my midnight trip to my local game, just downloading a couple of podcasts to listen too. Just enough time left before i leave to have a cuppa tea, + watch a bitta tele, (and hope i don't fall asleep)

Take it easy everyone venturing out into the wind and wetness,

Comment

Getting ready for midnight launch by placing mine on Ebay

Comment

Good luck to everyone queuing right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X