Surely Microsoft's maths is all wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely Microsoft's maths is all wrong

Microsoft send 50,000 360's from a total European launch allocation of 300,000 to the UK. That's 1 in 6 or 16.67% yet the UK is by far the largest gaming nation in Europe. Sony have shifted over 8 million PS2's here, and they now treat the UK seperately from the rest of Europe when it comes to hardware. Surely at the very least 1 in 4 units allocated for Europe should have ended up in the UK. I bet you that in certain parts of Europe getting hold of a 360 is as easy as walking into any electrical retailer.

Originally posted by gossi the dog
    I bet you that in certain parts of Europe getting hold of a 360 is as easy as walking into any electrical retailer.
    Someone said they've been really easy to get hold of in Italy, not sure about the rest though.

It all depends if MS come up with regular shipments between now and Chrimbo, would do them the world of good from a PR and sales point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
      Someone said they've been really easy to get hold of in Italy.

Any ideas where you read this mate as i may go?

Comment

'Twas me: a poster on the DVD Forums said he had no problem picking up a machine in Italy yesterday in-store.

I've just been nosing around a couple of German etailers who allegedly have stock - can't find international shipping options though.

Comment

A mate of mine in Germany said they're fairly easy to get in stores there. His friend grabbed one without any problems. Not sure if there's an accessories shortage on the continent as there is in the UK though. I'd be interested to know.

Comment

Working...
          X