Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything new in the 360 version of Final Fantasy XI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything new in the 360 version of Final Fantasy XI?

Just wondering, is there anything new/different in the forthcoming 360 version of the game? I'm so glad I'll finally be able to play the only FF I've not played without paying a monthly subscription for one game!

I thought this title demanded a separate subscription a-la XBox PSO?

Comment

Really? If so I won't be buying it after all.

I just assumed that since on the ps2/pc there is no "LIVE" service so to speak, you have to connect directly to their servers, that there would be no additional charge since you are already paying for and using the LIVE service?

If so it'll go down in history as the only FF I never played hehe.

Comment

$12 per month i believe, although you dont need to have an xbox live gold account as well.
        it doesnt come out for months anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
          $12 per month i believe, although you dont need to have an xbox live gold account as well.
          it doesnt come out for months anyway.
          According to play.com its out this month!

Irrelevant really since I won't be playing it. Nevermind, thanks for the help guys.

(Its on the playonline servers, I think thats why)

Comment

As a fan of FF, I couldn't stand the game anyway.

But that's good to know Fuddle... makes it less of a con than XBox PSO was... requiring both the subscription and Live.

Comment

I personally don't think you should have to pay ?30-45 for a game then pay again for the privaledge of actually playing the game you've bought.

I know I'll miss out, but on XBOX LIVE at least you can play every game for the subscription fee!

I'd love to see a FF use the xbox to its full though, guess I'll wait a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                According to play.com its out this month!
                maybe i'm wrong, i normally look at gamefaqs info pages for these kind of things. obviously they can be wrong, but they're usually quite decent.
                they have the usa date down as the begining of May, and a tba for europe.

Comment

Play always tend to put really early release dates (almost like they are a fan, hoping for it) and its always about 3 months later...hehe.

Comment

unfortunatly the hosting and continued maintenance and patching a traditional mmorpg needs just isnt going to happen for free, no way no how.

Comment

Except for Guild Wars .

Comment

and Runescape

Comment

guildwars is instanced though, no huge persistant servers to upkeep.

Comment

Working...
                          X