GAME Reward Points rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAME Reward Points rip off

After making sure I Pre-Ordered all my Games etc as I was promised doulble points and just realised I've not. I Spent just over ?400 and was expecting an extra ?20 to be added but just got the normal ?10.

I know this isn't a great deal but its annoying when they keep phoning asking you to pre-order everything for the double points, and even put the points in their 360 booklet stating how many pre-order points you get.

Has everybody else just got the normal amount of points.

just to let you know, you dont get double points for consoles.

and depending on what bundle you bought will determine the points.

did you get the ?450 bundle by any chance ?

if so it was a misprint. when going through the tills condemmed is discounted by %100 which would explain why you wouldnt get points for it

only explanation i can think of

i spent ?330 (with staff discount ) and managed to get ?10 worth of points, you should ATLEAST of had ?12.50.

let me know what you bought and ill work out the extact points you should of had.

Comment

Hmmmm I got a premium 360 and PGR3 and got ?7.50 back.

Comment

I bought the 449.99 bundle and didnt get the correct amount of points that was shown in the booklet so i phoned up game.net told the women and she added the points to my account not a problem.

Comment

What I find more annoying is that you can't use points online, you have to go into a shop to do it. Therefore there is no way of getting what you actually want for sure, ie a play and charge kit in the capital, rarer than pixie ****.

Comment

Also if you return a game back to them having brought it with points they dont refund your points back to you! I lost about 30 quids worth once. Stupid game/electronics boutique.

Comment

Originally posted by Pezley
              just to let you know, you dont get double points for consoles.

and depending on what bundle you bought will determine the points.

did you get the ?450 bundle by any chance ?

if so it was a misprint. when going through the tills condemmed is discounted by %100 which would explain why you wouldnt get points for it

only explanation i can think of

i spent ?330 (with staff discount ) and managed to get ?10 worth of points, you should ATLEAST of had ?12.50.

let me know what you bought and ill work out the extact points you should of had.
              Hey Mate. I bought the premium console, kameo, PGR3 and an extra wireless controller. These were all pre-ordered and came to around ?403. I've got a few pence over ?10 for it.

The cheeky gets also tried to nick my ?20 deposit, only taking it of when I reminded them of the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                Also if you return a game back to them having brought it with points they dont refund your points back to you! I lost about 30 quids worth once. Stupid game/electronics boutique.
                In the past when I've used Reward Vouchers/Points towards the price of a game I have had them credited back to my Reward Card if I returned the game, and one time I returned a game and they refunded the entire price back to my credit card instead of just the part I paid for by credit card after the points discount.

Comment

Originally posted by ACKman
                  Hey Mate. I bought the premium console, kameo, PGR3 and an extra wireless controller. These were all pre-ordered and came to around ?403. I've got a few pence over ?10 for it.

The cheeky gets also tried to nick my ?20 deposit, only taking it of when I reminded them of the fact.

ok, the console work out at 280, 2.5% back ( no double points for hardware
                  ?7 straight away
                  kameo and pgr ?90 for the pair so ?2.25 back, double if pre ordered ?4.50
                  wireless pad, not %100 sure if you get double on accessories but works out about 80p if not and ?1.60 of you did

so at minimum that is ?12.30

if its the case of not double for accessories then this is correct. The system works in multiples of ?2.50 so if you have 12.30 on there then you will only be allowed to take off ?10. the rest will be there but only availible when you reach the 2.50 mark.

if it was ?1.60 for the pad ( double points, that would put it up to ?13.10

possibility one item was not pre ordered ? or what did it say on the reciept ? was anything discounted or did it all go through at full retail ?
                  this could affect the points.

hope this has helped / exlained something

Comment

oh, and as far as cheeky gits stealing your 20 notes....slap em.

basically it is easy to miss the ?20 deposit off the transactions as its one of the last things you do on the till. And it did happen in my shop (not by me mind) but there is no excuse for it.

slap the lazy ****ers in your game store !:P

Comment

Thanks for the help. I don't think I've been given double pionts for any of the games in this case. Seem as its a couple of quid max if I get double points I can't be arsed chasing it up, but will be cautious of pre booking games in the future. Shame you don't get double points for the system though, sure it said you did in the booklet thing.

Comment

nah, hardware has never een included in the double points scheme.
                        to be fair tho. i know you spent alot but ?10 of your next game isnt bad by any stretch. and GAME did fill all thier instore pre orders, no other company did. so they are not ALL bad, just mostly

Comment

Working...
                        X