Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sidez
    Originally posted by TommyG
    I love the Dreamcast version - simply because i can use the dreamcast arcade stick, which ownz.
    This is the correct opinion to have.
    AHHH!! I was decided on the GC version, but now 2 people have said it is better to play with the DC arcade stick. What do I go for; Arcade stick or better framerate and extra bits?

Comment

Do you have an arcade stick for the DC? Although you can get one quite cheap now I believe that there is one comming out for the GC very soon - for launch with SC2 I believe - which you would probably get more user out of with future games also.

-Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
        Originally posted by TommyG
        I love the Dreamcast version - simply because i can use the dreamcast arcade stick, which ownz.
        This is the correct opinion to have.
        AHHH!! I was decided on the GC version, but now 2 people have said it is better to play with the DC arcade stick. What do I go for; Arcade stick or better framerate and extra bits?
        The GC version does NOT have a better framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
          or better framerate and extra bits?
          The GC version does NOT have a better framerate.
          100% correct.

I have played both versions - the GC version defitnely does not have a better framerate than the DC version.

Comment

I honestly found that the DC version dropped slighly in places. As I said not a huge drop and not a consistent change eg, 40 fps on dc - 60 fps in the GC version...

I suppose it could have been my boot disc or something... But it just seemed to bottle neck slightly...

Comment

Play Ikaruga on a Japanese DC and its 100% perfect, I dont know where on earth your getting these frame rate problems from.

Personally Id go for the Dreamcast version.

Comment

is this coming out on pal?

Comment

On GC? Next month mate
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by nips
                    I honestly found that the DC version dropped slighly in places. As I said not a huge drop and not a consistent change eg, 40 fps on dc - 60 fps in the GC version...

I suppose it could have been my boot disc or something... But it just seemed to bottle neck slightly...
                    Maybe you mean the slowdown after you blow up the bosses? That's the only place it happens, and personally I think it adds to the drama.

Does anyone know whether the Gamecube version has a tate mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Square
                      Originally posted by nips

Maybe you mean the slowdown after you blow up the bosses? That's the only place it happens, and personally I think it adds to the drama.

Does anyone know whether the Gamecube version has a tate mode?
                      Yes it does have a tate mode. Ive got quite a big tv and dont want to risk damaging it by putting it on its side, so ive never actually played in that mode, but it is there.

Comment

Agree, playing it with the arcade stick is like playing a new game.

All that microswitched goodness, fantastic.

Is the tiny GC D-Pad up to the job. tbh I don't own any games which require its use (apart from selecting options from menus). Looks a little inprecise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          On GC? Next month mate
                          Really. PAL release or NTSC. I was going to place an order at importmadness.com... Or yesasia.com for the Japanese verison... Oh now I don't know what to do...

Comment

The Dc release, with an AC stick and VGA is as close, if not identical to the Naomi original. All the extras on the Cube version are for practice only and add nothing to the game. It may make it a little more accessible for non-shmuppers though.

You get some nice Omake art on the DC and Naomi GD-roms too

Comment

Right then. So only one person notices any difference in framerate and as I have a DC arcade stick already I will now go for the DC version.

Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

Ninja.

Comment

Working...
                                X