Madden 06 on 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madden 06 on 360?

I've never really played much american football seeing I am in UK nor played many games.
    Reason being is because it ahs all these weird interfaces to choose plays and I never understand them.

I really want to get a good american football game but one where I havent got a clue waht Im doing off the pitch with plays to choose as well as on.

Anyone here got madden have some thoguhts?

How do these plays work, I remeber ever footy game I play I'm like "wtf are all these" lol

Usually it's pretty simple. The lines represent the lines you players will run along, when the play starts you pick which player to throw the ball too, usually they'll have a corrosponding botton over their head(if you wish to throw it, you can set up a fake play then just run the ball etc).

Comment

download the demo?

Comment

I've gotten in to american football and I found it makes a huge difference to read/watch up on a bit of it to familiarise myself with the rules and the strategies on offer. That way you'll soon recognise the plays an abbreviations easily enough and know what's going on a bit more. Like plays involving the Half-Back (HB) will run along the ground and plays with lots of longer arrows further up the pitch will be throws, etc. I'm not sure how much you know but here's a quick rundown:

I've not played 06 on the 360, but on the ps2, you begin with the formation screen, where you pick how your men will line up before the play begins, like in an I formation, all together or with wde recievers out at the sides etc. using the control directions up, down left and right will choose the formation. Be careful not to select the 'special teams' unless you want to - special teams are specifically for punting the ball away or kicking field goals or returning punts etc. they won't be able to make normal plays, and are pretty awful if you try to force them to do so.

on ps2, pressing x then shows you all the avaliable plays from that formation i.e. where all of your players will go next when the play begins. on Ps2 these plays are shown as three in a row - press up or down to show another three plays. Each play is assigned a button that you press to select it - this is so anyone you're playing against can't see what you've picked. If you look at each play, they describe how everyone will move. The names also tell you a bit about how each paly will pan out - a Play Action (PA) will fake to try one move, and then do another, such as faking giving the ball to a running back, then throwing the ball instead whilst the opposition can't work out where the ball is.

Comment

Does help if you know the game a bit ive been watching it for 5-6 yrs now . Madden is the easiest to get into as you can practice with the drills before playing matchs . I got madden 06 for the 360 and its incredible but doesnt have practice drills etc. You can use the ask madden option when playcalling at first if you need to where he suggests the best play for the situation , and learn from that. Just a case of starting off at the easiest skill level and bump it up a notch when you start whooping teams.

Comment

sweet
            see you On live over xmas holiday then! teach me over voice

Comment

Out of interest, I've not got a 360 yet but do sports games these days offer online co-op? I love playing co-op Madden with my mates - I guess I'm more of a play-with rather than play-against person

Comment

Originally posted by WazMeister
                I've never really played much american football seeing I am in UK nor played many games.
                Reason being is because it ahs all these weird interfaces to choose plays and I never understand them.

I really want to get a good american football game but one where I havent got a clue waht Im doing off the pitch with plays to choose as well as on.

Anyone here got madden have some thoguhts?

How do these plays work, I remeber ever footy game I play I'm like "wtf are all these" lol
                Hi there, I'm a total NFL nut, I've been watching the NFL ,PLAYING American football myself in the UK for nearly 20 years now and I've also been into the Madden series of games ever since the early Amiga/Megadrive versions.

There isn't much left I don't know without seeming like I'm boasting here but if you want any advice or wish to ask any questions please post below..

Mark.

Comment

I'm pretty familiar with the game myself. I have some real trouble selecting defensive plays however. Most of the time it's just random when I'm on defence.

As far as offence goes I sum up the situation usually by looking at where the ball is on the field. If I'm over to the left say, I'll choose a nice wide throw/run over to the right, I mean, it'd be a complete waste throwing it off to the left and out of play.

I really enjoy playing Madden/NFL (I actually went to buy it this morning although my card didn't work )

The rules themselves are pretty simple, think of it as team piggy-in-the-middle.

One team kicks off. I catch the ball 5 yards from my touchline and then run, say, 30 yards before I get tackled. Then from whereever I get tackled I then have 4 chances (downs) to get the ball up into the opposing touchline in order to score a touchdown. After every 10 yards is progressed I then start over from my 1st down. Let's say I'm on my 3rd down and I have 3 yards to go - I make a 5 yard run and get tackled, rather than it coming to the 4th down (with no choice but to boot the ball as far up into opposing possession as I can, a 'punt' (LOL) ) I go back to my 1st down with another 10 yards to make.

Of course, if the ball is intercepted during one of my opposing plays the opposition then takes the offence.

It's quite exciting when the clock gets ticking.

Deffo the best drinking/smoking game around - you can select your play, take a drag, take a swig, then get back into the action. I love it.

I'm well up for some online action on this over Xmas - So is my mate gregmoss. (XBL: TheSilverHornet)

Everything I've learned about the game comes from all the videogames I've played for the past 13 years or so.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 15-12-2005, 10:51.

Comment

I learned the whole game from playing Madden on (originally) Megadrive then 3DO (blew my tiny mind) and fully intend to pick up the 360 version.

Can anybody confirm Ed's question earlier about the multiplayer ? I would expect to be able to have at LEAST 2 people playing on a single xbox against others on xbox live !

Comment

I haven't taken it online yet but there's nothing in the manual to suggest that there is any Live co-op play at all

Cracking game though btw. Not sure if it's as beginner friendly as previous versions of Madden though as there are no mini-games, tutorials, practice mode etc. to hone your skills - you have to dive straight into a 'proper' game from the off. However, play calling has been made a bit easier for novice players now as in addition to being able to select plays by formation you have the option to select them by play type (short pass, long pass, run etc.).

Comment

Working...
                      X