Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowser123
    There's a story? Doh!
    I usually feel a mixture of giddy euphoria and sickliness at the bright colours and brilliant, yet ridiculous music in the cut scenes and ingame.
    You'll want to check out the end credits then, it's something straight out of Disney
    Got sooo close to defeating the Druaga boss, but ran out of air when I had to depend on items from the boss which was slightly disappointing. Think I might try doing every room a few times and stockpiling stones before going to the boss.
    Make sure to stockpile four or five 20% green dristones too, any that you get that are less just use them up and search for better ones.
    The other thing I've only just noticed is the little character in the top right of the normal mode. He dresses in authentic clothing of the country you're drilling, cute little addition. I guess noticing it highlights that I'm now a little better at the game that I can spare a moment off the main action
    Yeh this is why I love it so much, all the little humourous touches

Comment

What character does everyone use in Mr Driller Ace? I'm a big fan of the robot (I forget his name) not only because he has the best sound effects but his ability to take two hits before dying makes the Mission Mode slightly easier for someone without the l337 skills of other players. So far I have only managed to complete 500m mode with a perfect air score once using the robot and only with a score of 300,000 odd iirc.

Comment

I just use Susumu, I see the extra abilities of everyone else as cheating, in a way. Don't ask, I just do. If you want extra-cheaty, use Usagi. He has a three-way drill by default.

Comment

I just brought Mr Driller Ace from Play Asia on the strength of this topic. I'm loving it. I suggest if you have an intrest in driller series you should get this before it's no longer availible.

Comment

Damn you fastware. I'm supposed to be saving up for new consoles, not buying old software. I've just bought Mr Driller Ace Value edition for ?16 and Drill Land for ?16 on special offer. Never would have known if you hadn't bumped this thread....

Comment

I've also added vertigo's vid to the Mr Driller: Drill land review.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                Damn you fastware. I'm supposed to be saving up for new consoles, not buying old software. I've just bought Mr Driller Ace Value edition for ?16 and Drill Land for ?16 on special offer. Never would have known if you hadn't bumped this thread....
                Sorry, but you'll thank me for it after you realise how much time and enjoyment you get from these games.

Comment

Working...
                X