Predictions for 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictions for 2006

What do you think is going to happen, be announced or not happen in the gaming world over the next 12 months. Post up in here now and we can check back on this thread in 2007 to see who got it right and who got it spectacularly wrong!

After checking out the O-kami website and seeing how the game mechanics work (also playing Scratch VJ) I predict Cover Studios will announce a DS version is in the works sometime this year.

PS3 will sell like hot cakes in Japan because it has Sony written on the front, but America and Europe will be underwhelmed despite EB's best attempts to lie to consumers on Sony's behalf.

Sony will steal DS and Revolution ideas and modify them slightly to avoid infringing patents, then release stuff based on them.

The DS will hit 20 million units shifted.

I might get around to being able to afford a DS.

That last one's looking a bit shakey though.
    Last edited by vertigo; 06-01-2006, 15:37.

Comment

A few month ago i predicted that Zelda: TP would have Revolution features when Nintendo first announced that the game was being delayed to add "exciting new features". It turned out to be true!

As for 2006 i predicted the following:

- Revolution games will come on the same type of media/discs as the NGC, but the storage capacity will be bigger than the NGC discs.

- The PS3's media ports i.e. 6 USB 2.0, 7 Bluetooth Contollers, 2x HDMI, etc, won't be used as much as Sony say they will. Hence, some will be moved in future version of the console, just like the PS2's firewire/i-link port.

- PS3 games won't support 720p or 1080p as standard.

- Europe will still be getting ****-upon in terms of released dates for consoles and games.

- Resident Evil 5 will come to the Revolution!

That's all folks

Comment

sony will start its plan for world domination, it will constantly advertise the ps3 on tv, the adverts will hypnotise those who see it into buying a ps3. But unknown to us the ps3 has a mind of its own, once we switch it on it sprouts arms and legs, a whole army of ps3's will rise controlled by sony, the world's armies will falls to its force, sony will rule the world, those who survived will be rounded up and forced to work as slaves in workhouses making psp's. It will be a horrid exsistence,as our lives will be worthless, as sony will execute one slave for for each dead pixal found on its psp's.

The end is at hand you fools! the only thing you can do is pray, pray that your ps3 takes pity on you and gives you a quick painless death

Comment

Revolution will launch in the UK at ?130 and I'll buy one in the release week, but it'll be considered a flop before the year end. PS3 will launch for $500 in the US and roughly the same in Japan, but won't reach Europe until 2007. BluRay and HD-DVD will get ignored by the vast majority of consumers as they wait to see which one is going to win. There won't be a single PS3 game that makes proper use of 1080p. No price cuts in handhelds at all, but the 360 will drop a little bit. EA and Ubisoft will release sequels to all their franchises. Fifa 2007 won't be as good as Pro Evo 6.

Comment

A reinvigorated Namco/Bandai will release the WonderSwan: Zer0 on the world and once again we shall worship at the altar of Gundam illimited.

Comment

Personally I can't wait for the PS3, but I predict it won't be released this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                PS3 will sell like hot cakes in Japan because it has Sony written on the front, but America and Europe will be underwhelmed despite EB's best attempts to lie to consumers on Sony's behalf.

Sony will steal DS and Revolution ideas and modify them slightly to avoid infringing patents, then release stuff based on them.

The DS will hit 8 million units shifted.

I might get around to being able to afford a DS.

That last one's looking a bit shakey though.
                I thought DS sold 10million already worldwide?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                  Personally I can't wait for the PS3, but I predict it won't be released this year.
                  Must confess I've been thinking that a lot recently as well things do seem to have gone quite on the PS3 front . Anyway I actually think the REV will come out before the PS3 and it will also come out in europe this year. No PS3 in europe until next year and I'll get a 360 at some point in the next few months.

Comment

The Revolution to take the world by storm and the ps3 to be released this year.

Long shots, but meh

Comment

The ps3 will be released they treat us in europe badly with lousy pal conversions.And many great games will be japanese only there will be a uprising.People will flock to microsofts and nintendos consoles eventually there is a boycott against the ps3 in europe eventually the hype of the boycott will get to such a extent it spreads to america.Eventually it gets to such a state where the ps3 is selling less in the rest of the world then the xbox does in japan.Sony start losing money rapidly and no amount of hype can save them.With there reputation ruined there reduced to releasing games for other systems

or less likely they do well and the ps3 is a massive success

Comment

DS will sell 14 million worldwide before 2007

Gamecube will no longer be supported by GAME, Argos and most other shops (Gamestation will continue)

GBA will start to become less popular in game shops.

PS2 will finally loose shelf space. To PS3

Game will be bought by Tescos or someone else

New game shop brand will open in the UK

Nintendo release new Gameboy details.

Zelda TP is a huge sucess and Nintendo make a LTD edition one with a Zelda revolution contoller.

Everywhere realizes UMD's suck and limit the space they have of them.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                          http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/05/nintendo-ds-sales-near-13-million/

could be lies I guess, *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                            I meant to write 20 there! Christ only knows why I put 8. Perhaps the North American figure popped into my brain at the last minute and I doubled it like I'd meant to do with the worldwide figures. I'll correct that then I'm tired.

Comment

Oh and my Supergun to explode in a fit of temporary sellotape joinings and cardboard insulation spacers, forcing me to finally build a new one like I've been meaning to for months.

Comment

Working...
                              X