World politics/strategy game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World politics/strategy game?

I have recently been playing 'Conflict' on an ST emu. (and loving it just as much as i did in 1989)
    Basically, it was a very 'high level' strategy game where you played the president of Israel. You could set forign policy, buy arms from where ever you wanted, assasinate rival leaders, attempt coups, invade other countries, form aliences, oh and all sorts of good stuff

Has there been anything released recently for the PC that is similar to this?

Im not talking turn based war games, but a game where you actually run a country.

I have a desire to take over the world u see

Cheers for any recomendations

Republic, for starters, but it's not quite so high-level in places. Going back a bit further, the classic in this genre could well be "Shadow President", which was *very* detailed - out on PC circa 1993, iirc.

Comment

Cheers mate, not a bad little game that!

Comment

I guess you could say that the civ games fall into this category loosely in that you can choose democracy, communism etc and you get to form and break alliances between other rulers

Maybe not exactly but its one hell of decent game

Comment

Sounds like you want to dig up Balance Of Power, to me. It's a classic from Chris Crawford; Wiki has an entry for it, if you want to know more.

Comment

Working...
          X