Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowser123
    Originally posted by ryodi
    Conker sawing in half the Rare logo at the beginning of CBFD. Amusing the first 20 times, then it just gets very tiresome, very quickly.
    That can be skipped. It's something like press reset with A pushed down. Not sure if that's exactly right but it can be skipped...
    Load up the game.
    When the red text appears press reset.
    Press start just as Conker begins to cut up the N64 logo and you can skip the rest of the intro...

Oh, and CBFD = funniest game ever!!

Comment

Originally posted by James Harvey
      RARE ARE 1.) NOT FUNNY AND 2.) RETARDS.
      oh, thank god, someone else who doesn't find the public-schoolboy crap funny... i think i'd have to submit banjo-kazooie (or the sequel) as my example of awful, awful in-game jokes... i love the actual games, and probably enjoyed B-K more than mario 64, but dear god, everything that kazooie says just *hurts* me. ahahaaaaaaa, she called the mole with glasses 'goggle-boy'! marvel at her sarcastic, cutting wit! ...i sodding hate kazooie. banjo-tooie's even worse - i honestly wanted to maul that king jinjo person after about ten seconds of (unskippable - yay rare!) dialogue, not to mention master stupid jiggy-stupid-wiggy. maybe some of it was framerate angst, thinking back.

oh, and conker's bad fur day? not funny, and horrible mechanics. there were a few bits i enjoyed (the whole war section and the zombie/vampire levels spring to mind), and i even found the great mighty poo's song sorta funny (but then i *am* a sucker for musical comedy). but the platforming bits were torture, and (admittedly, being one of very few girls here, i'm probably the only one to have a big problem with this) it's gotta be one of the most obnoxiously misogynistic games i've ever played.

Comment

I once played a point-and-click adventure on the Amiga (can't remember its name) during which you can visit a cemetery and examining one of the gravestones reveals the name of "G. Threepwood". It just seemed so lame and out-of-place at the time.

Comment

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the N64 is the MASTER of poor jokes.

The funny thing is - and this bit saves the game - it had canned laughter. Canned ****ing laughter!

Comment

Rare the culprits again:
            Elvis, Perfect Dark.

"Euuuuuargh. My head hurts. And with a head this big, that's no joke."
            It certainly is not...

Comment

Mario & Luigi. Quite funny initially but the same recycled jokes over "Green guy? Luigi who!?!?!ROFLFLOLMAOA" and over "LOL you are Mario i recognise that jump!!11 LMFAOAO" again was seriously weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf-Life
                Rare the culprits again:
                Elvis, Perfect Dark.

"Euuuuuargh. My head hurts. And with a head this big, that's no joke."
                It certainly is not...
                I am sure Elvis is some sort of Rareware in-joke where they are purposely trying to sabotage any remaining dignity left in the single-player mode after the laughable voice-acting and clich?d plot or at least I hope it was, because if it was a conscious design choice made to further the plot then..........

As for in-game jokes, the most annoying for me has to be the whole CD case shenanigans in Metal Gear Solid. Although I like the way throughout MGS it never pretends not be a game (e.g. Pyscho Mantis encounter), the CD case clue was so crudely criptic it did nothing but annoy.

I bet Kojima had a good laugh at us all with that one........

Comment

i loved the humour in mario and luigi does that make me sad. I like the clever humour in games but agree that elvis was very unfunny and not clever at all. the jar jar binks of perfect dark some of the characters in zelda WW i found hilarious but i'm not sure if they were meant to be funny :P

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                    some of the characters in zelda WW i found hilarious but i'm not sure if they were meant to be funny :P
                    The minigame guy =

"Spliiiiiishh"

Comment

"sploooosh"

Comment

'Ka-BOOM!'

Comment

Monkey Island games were full of injokes from other lucasarts games.

MI1

The pirate wearing the badge 'Ask me about Loom' is a character in said game.

When being shot out of a cannon, Guy says "I'm Bobbin are you my mother'. Bobbin is the main character in Loom.

On a cliff you can fall off the cliff and get an old Seirra game restore box.

In MI2 there is the dialog, can you guess where it borrows heavily from?
                          Lechuck - I am your brother.
                          Guybrush - That's not true, that's impossible!
                          Lechuck - Search your feelings, you know it to be true
                          Guybrush - NOOOOOOOO!

Still you can find all the in game jokes from Monkey Island and various Indy games here...

Since 1996 we have been the largest Monkey Island site on the web.

Comment

I love in jokes in games, they make the game funny. I always enjoy looking for small hidden in-jokes, you can tell where they've put alot of love into the game.

Fur Fighters on the DC, as well as being a truly excellent game, it has some of the best in-game jokes Ive seen, and bucket loads of them. They went AAALLLLLL out when adding these, they are everywhere. Fantastic little game.

Of note, these are big billboards around the place:

* The thin red lion (cinema)
                            * Apocalypse cow (cinema)
                            * Resident weevel (games store)
                            * Quack (games store)
                            * Shenmoo (games store)
                            * "Hello bears" (billboard with a cat in a wonder bra)
                            * The whole of the museum is a piss take of modern art.
                            * Dirty Dawg airlines "We hardly ever crash"

and a whole load of others, Im sure someone else can remember more.

Gotta love in-jokes, great stuff!

Comment

Bah, this one is poor

The singing frogs in Zelda: OOT (you know the ones)..play them the Song of Storms and they say "Singing in the rain! It's so good." Or some such comment....nice one Ninty, great joke

Comment

Working...
                              X