Zuma - Xbox 360 Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zuma - Xbox 360 Arcade

Just done a search for a first play thread on this cracking game but I couldn't find one so I'm starting my own.

Absolutely loving this game, downloaded the demo a while ago & finally upgraded to the full game last night. I didn't really know what I was doing the first few go's so I didn't make it past the first level of the second temple in Adventure mode before I getting my ass handed to me. It took a while to figure out that the best way is to try & place the balls so that you can combo a whole load of them together instead of getting rid of them straight away. Gets a bit nail-biting though, especially when they've almost reached the hole & you're desperately waiting for a specific colour to appear!!

Survival mode is incredibly tense as well, had a go on each of the 'levels' which are unlocked from the start & managed to get to the Jaguar difficulty level on a couple of them before it all got a little too much.

Having had a look at the high score tables I reckon I've got a looooooong way to go before I'll get anywhere close!!

It's a quality game isn't it. Like you said it gets so intense in later levels you need a quiet sit down after a game. When you get a coin or hit a good gap you feel indestructable, then secodns later you miss an easy shot and it all comes crashing down.
    Katy is obsessed with it, I have never seen her so into a console as the 360. The Xbox Live Arcade is the perfect way to get casual/non-gamers into the scene.

Comment

Not playing anything else on the 360 at the moment. It's a wonderfully simple concept and so horribly addictive it's untrue. Definately my favourite puzzler on the machine.

Comment

there is a pc version too, I find it easier with a mouse tbh

Comment

Had a quick look at the achievements last night as well, managed to pick up the 16 combos in a row without even trying, think I got over 30 in a row by the end of the run!!!

Not too sure if the one about completing a level in less than 5 seconds is even possible, sounds crazy to me, my quickest time so far is about 23 seconds I think.

Anyone managed to unlock this achievement yet????

Comment

Not a chance, it's got to be one shot deal hasn't it?

Comment

that means there must be levels where u can do it. like on bankshot billiards, the true life possibility of achieving a 9 off the break is truely huge, (not impossible but insanely difficult and requires luck not skill) but in the game i had it happen 3 times within 12 matches, so u understand that these arcade games help you out, just like on hexic try not getting star flowers from the beginning and watch how it FORCES you to make them by dropping them into place etc. Seriously, ive even seen it on geometry wars, get quite far then die a few times in succession, and u watch it give u a bit of slack if you touch an enemy. Its just done so u dont actually rip your hair out. Another example, play hexic for a while, then when u die play it again straight away, more often than not u will have an easier time in the first few rounds as if to coax u back into playing again. Even bejewelled does it, altho not as much that games achievments are ridiculous.

Anyway maybe im wrong, maybe i just see things after playing marathon sessions, but im pretty sure the computer helps you out. So the 5 seconds completion is probably possible, however would probs be a really late level.

Comment

I played zuma for a looong time on the PC. Headaches galore from ending a marathon session!

Comment

Wait, Zuma as in the game that's been on the internet in flash/shockwave/whatever for about 3 years or something?
                  Jesus christ.
                  This is almost as bad as people getting all frisky about Bejewelled every time it's given a new name and tile set i.e. Zookeeper, which is not to be confused with the wicked arcade game by Taito.

Comment

zoooooooomaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                      Wait, Zuma as in the game that's been on the internet in flash/shockwave/whatever for about 3 years or something?
                      Jesus christ.
                      This is almost as bad as people getting all frisky about Bejewelled every time it's given a new name and tile set i.e. Zookeeper, which is not to be confused with the wicked arcade game by Taito.
                      Indeed.

It's a great little game though (Zuma that is), slightly marred by it being a blatant rip-off of Ballistic on the NUON (and PSX).
                      Last edited by Madbury; 17-01-2006, 12:58.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it has been around for years though does it. I mean, I expect a great deal of excitement when Street Fighter 2 appears on the Xbox Market Place.

Comment

Can anyone get past level 9-7 on adventure mode? I can't

Comment

I can't get passed 3-3 for christ sake, still on the first temple!

Comment

Yes I am loving Zuma, whats wrong with it being an old & popular title? I thought thats what Xbox LIVE Arcade was all about...

At the moment I am horribly addicted to Zuma, to the point I play it on the Xbox360 and I've also got a cracking version of it on my phone (SE K750i), there is no escape from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X