Things in games that amaze you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things in games that amaze you

Playing the Need For Speed Most Wanted 360 version over the last week or so, whilst it has a shoddy frame-rate a lot of the time, I cant help but be amazed at the level of detail that has gone into reproducing a city much of which will be missed as you belt along at 180+ mph.

Which is a shame, as pull up at any given point and take a look at the effort that must have gone into this, its not the boring, lifeless flat designs of other games of this ilk, its properly rendered buildings, with a fair amount of detail and imagination thrown into it as well. Not to mention the surrounding scenery and numerous hidden alleyways and routes. Lord knows how long it took to map out and then build this city, which would take an age to explore fully.

Ill forgive the titles misgivings, its an early title, and things are looking positive for the future, but kudos to the devs who put the game environment together. Its a pity I rarely get to appreciate it until I slam my car into a wall or something..

I always thought that the sheer vastness of the cities in san andreas were amazing. You think that a group of people have designed every tiny piece of road, every building, every ramp, everything in that massive massive world.

Comment

pro evo 5 on PS2 constantly astounds me, how does Seabass & crew manage to get so right what everybody else get so wrong.

the variety of goalscoring and plays is seemingly endless.

amazing !

Comment

I like the way the Stage 1 boss appears before you in Gradius V, very impressive. Also, on Stage 2, the wall of the alien ship slowly becomes transparent after you enter it. I love cool stuff like that.

Comment

Someone was always going to say this, but the way that Shenmue captures the look and feel of a Japanese suburb so well, dispite the technical limitations being all too obvious.

Comment

Sure it runs like a dog, but Shenmue has stood the test of time better than most games. In my opinion, it looks far better than any of the recent GTA games.

Comment

The Collossi, from Shadow of the collossus. I know they are going to be big and loud before I see them, but every time I come across a new one I am agog with awe. (hmmmm nice use of the often forgoten word "agog" there).

Another thing that amazes me is how Uwe Boll keeps geting funding for his films.

Comment

Its not strictly a game but the T-rex demo you got with the ps1

Finding you can pause at any given time in PGR 3 and just go take pictures! amazing

Comment

Sin & Punishment being leaps and bounds ahead of almost any other game on N64 with so much going on at all times yet not a single frame dropped. The power of the system was hinted at with Starfox64, but things never seemed to really progress apart from graphically with the extra 4MB of RAM. Sin & Punishment was a fine last hurrah.

Comment

Watching the replays for the first time in Gran Turismo, and then again on Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. Absolutely brill!

Comment

Gran Turismo replays were stunning and had me and many others mesmerized. The tanker on MGS2 for me. From the brilliant intro right to the end I was amazed. I never experienced that feeling for such a prolonged period before or since.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                        Sin & Punishment being leaps and bounds ahead of almost any other game on N64 with so much going on at all times yet not a single frame dropped. The power of the system was hinted at with Starfox64, but things never seemed to really progress apart from graphically with the extra 4MB of RAM. Sin & Punishment was a fine last hurrah.
                        Didn't treasure do the same with the Saturn and MD?

Comment

OOT - Hyrule field. The sunsets, the night. It's a green hump with soooo much atmosphere! I can actually just watch the demo intro over and over again. I just love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungfu
                            The tanker on MGS2 for me. From the brilliant intro right to the end I was amazed. I never experienced that feeling for such a prolonged period before or since.
                            Ditto

goosebumps
                            Last edited by Combination; 01-02-2006, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by bangaio
                              OOT - Hyrule field. The sunsets, the night. It's a green hump with soooo much atmosphere! I can actually just watch the demo intro over and over again. I just love it!
                              You beat me to it

The whole game is amazing and the ending is very haunting. Imagine being a kid who experienced everything that Link did (and growing up again as though nothing happened)

Comment

Working...
                              X