No announcement yet.

Shadowrun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to bump up such an old topic, but I did a search and found this gem.

Love the shadowrun games, thought the books werent so good.

I take it then, no one has played the
    Sega CD version of Shadowrun, set in Neo Tokyo in 2050?

Japan only release, and therefor very text heavy, but a nice game.
    Id guess if I knew what was actually going on, id probably rate this higher than the snes version.
    Plays like a cross between Snatcher and Shining Force.
    Totally unlike the Genesis and SNES versions. (I hated the Genesis version compared nto the snes version)

It also wasnt made by the same company as the other 2.
    Officially the last game ever released on the Sega CD.

Comment

What were the origins of Shadowrun btw? Did it start out as a series of books, or was it originally a different format? I know that it existed in one form or another long before the SNES incarnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaipon
        What were the origins of Shadowrun btw? Did it start out as a series of books, or was it originally a different format? I know that it existed in one form or another long before the SNES incarnation.
        I seem to remember reading that it was originally one of those table top, book based, role playing games.

May be wrong though as it was a while back and my memory is hazy.

Comment

I believe there was a sequel to Shadowrun, that came out only a few years back, on the PC. If I recall correctly, I actually had it. My friend downloaded it during his warez days and lent it to me.
          It's an isometric point and click RPG game. You start off in a forest, and you have to make your way through the world from there. It's kinda reminiscent of Fallout. Your character doesn't seem to be very knowledge about technology in general... From what I recall, there's a high tech bounty hunter after you, probably something to do with a dark mysterious past or something.
          It was very enjoyable from what I played, but I stopped playing after a very short period of time and gave it back. If I remember what it was called, I'll post it up, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

Working...
          X