Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF happened to the PAL We Love Katamari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can hardly believe it ... WLK got reviewed in this morning's Metro. Four stars! It's as if the reviewer has suddenly understood what A GOOD GAME IS.

Comment

no way... must have been a different guy surely?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        Sony always go bonkers with their own published stuff. Usually doesn't work though.
        The SCEE mark of death as I call it , that fatal little orange diamond of death.
        Unless you are gran turismo of course.
        Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
        Indeed, I reckon SCEE are giving this a big push. Both SotC and even Ico are real graphical showcases for the machine.
        I received, much to my delight, a dual-demo disc this morning in the post from GAME containing trials of both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. It's nice to see a concerted push being placed behind both titles, even if I already own them. Hopefully they'll both be high up in the charts next week.

Comment

I don't know how much mainstream success Ico and Colossus will attain (Colossus should do better because the concept is more marketable, I think) but Sony are obviously keen to push them. It's doubtful that we'll see the PS3 this year in the UK and so Colossus and FFXII are the only really big games for SCEE in 2006, so they'll really want to push them hard. Plus Ico has been pushed for a couple of years as the best game ever and people know what it goes for on eBay, so I'll bet that'll do well having already made its money.

Comment

Sodding loads of ICOs in Gamestation today.

Comment

Good good! Lets hope these 2 sell, or else Sony might not give other games by these guys such a push in the future.

I notice SotC is even recommended in The Sun today. Not that I think their reviews are worth much, but a bit of more mainstream promotion can only help.

Originally posted by Concept
              I received, much to my delight, a dual-demo disc this morning in the post from GAME containing trials of both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. It's nice to see a concerted push being placed behind both titles, even if I already own them. Hopefully they'll both be high up in the charts next week.
              Awesome. I'm glad Ico is being pushed just as hard as SotC - I expected the Ico re-release to be overshadowed by the SotC release, but this doesn't seem to be the case. A great thing, because as awesome as SotC is, everyone should give Ico a go... one game really does not outdo the other IMO.
              Last edited by sj33; 17-02-2006, 17:24.

Comment

Well, SotC is number 1 in the all-formats chart, so they've obviously done reasonably well with it. Ico is down at 23, but then it is a budget re-release.

Also, just before I reached breaking point and ordered We Love Katamari from VGP, I actually found a copy (the only one they had) in the 5th Game I've tried.

Oh my God, it's just utterly, utterly wonderful.

Comment

My local (coventry) "late night" gamestation (its inside a blockbuster, so its open till late) had about 7 copies of WLK last night..

Also hi, since this is my first post!
                  Last edited by supersmithy; 22-02-2006, 12:22.

Comment

Working...
                  X