X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footage of the new Super Mario Brothers DS

Yay! A new Mario platformer!

Here: http://www.youtube.com/w/New-Super-M...earch=nintendo

Edit: I've been informed that this is from E3 last year, and as thus is really really old. Anyone know if it's even being made?

Edit Gaiden: Actually, maybe it's just new footage of an already announced game.
    Anyway, new Mario platformer. FTW!
    Last edited by Magnakai; 14-02-2006, 20:58.

My pants exploded.

Comment

It looks great...very old school, but I wonder where the dual screen action is if its on the DS, I would have thought Ninty would have implemented both screens with this title.

Comment

VG+ have it down for an April release, Play have it for July (not so long ago they had it for Mar/April too)

Comment

Whoever is playing it is pretty crap at it! :P

Comment

Whee! I thought it might've been just a concept or a demo or something...
            Good news that it's actually coming out.
            Why hasn't there been any hype about it, actually? It seems like it should be quite an event.

Comment

looks great, can't wait!

Comment

I dunno, I thought there'd been plenty of publicity about it tbh. Not totally convinced about the style of it, but it'll play amazingly well no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai
                  Whee! I thought it might've been just a concept or a demo or something...
                  Good news that it's actually coming out.
                  Why hasn't there been any hype about it, actually? It seems like it should be quite an event.
                  Hopefully Nintendo will start giving us some more news about the game. I completely forgot about this game until recently.

I can't wait for this. I want this more than Mario 128 :P

Comment

Awesome.

Mario World was always the best Mario.

Mario 64 was great, Sunshine was crap...but this looks like a return to form. Great stuff.

Comment

I don't think thats old footage cause I never saw that clip among the E3 vids and it just appeared at gametrailers as new.

Some interesting new ideas there such as controllable pipes that fire mario out like barrels in DKC and bendable platforms in addition to the giant morph previously shown.

I used to really like platform games before but since most of them went 3D I've gone off them. The DS is the only platform now which gives you brand new 2D and crucially evolved Castlevania, Sonic and Mario games.
                      Last edited by Shoju; 13-02-2006, 19:26.

Comment

I worry more about the fact that it just seems like a platformer that could have been done on the GBA with less flashy graphics. It makes me wonder why Nintendo didn?t make a new 2d adventure for that system. Having held out for so long you would expect them to use the DS functions more than they SEEM to be doing so now.

I know there is little known about the game, and I know that a lot of people here do not like the functions of the DS being used just for the sake of it, but I do hope that the dual screen aspect really does come into play a lot in this game, if not it will make the absence of a new Mario game on GBA leave an even more bitter taste in the mouth.

If the dual screen IS used, I also hope it is put to better use than in Mario and Luigi. I was expecting something really innovative and fun with that game regarding the 2 screens, but , now having played through over half of it, I am underwhelmed by the uses of it so far. There is very little INNOVATIVE or fun interaction etween the screens, nothing that has really made me go WOW in the way that games such as Pac Pix, Trauma Centre, Ouendan and even Yoshi Touch n Go have. Which worries me seeing that it is more or less a fully fledged Nintendo game.

I know others will disagree with me on this but I am really hoping for lots of innovative, not gimmicky use of the DS in the new Mario game.

Comment

I heard that it is used to select power-ups. Seems a bit of a waste. But still it is a new 2d mario!

Does anyone know if the multiplayer is co-op? I keep thinking that it is for some reason.

Comment

This looks sex. I must get a DS lite asap!

Comment

Originally posted by stormbreak
                              I heard that it is used to select power-ups. Seems a bit of a waste. But still it is a new 2d mario!

Does anyone know if the multiplayer is co-op? I keep thinking that it is for some reason.
                              Not sure about co-op, but I seem to recall reading it was going to have wi-fi races of some sort. (similar to Catch!Touch!Yoshi! I guess)

Comment

Working...
                              X