Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its official! Im buying a PSP. (Recommend my some games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its official! Im buying a PSP. (Recommend my some games)

Hi all, just had the ok from the missus and im getting a psp for my birthday next week :-)
    but i need your help in deciding which games i should get with it.
    Im probably gonna get 2 or maybe 3 games with it. So whats avalible? Whats on the horizon? And what should i aviod? Games wise i like to get something thats really going to show off the capabilites of the psp ie 3d and making full use off the screen area, nothing 2d as yet though as, as much as i love my 2d games ive got retro and 2d games coming out of my ears! Any region is fine but bare in mind the first games ill be getting will be uk psp stuff. And please, please dont mention the ds, im well aware that many of you would like to point me in that direction instead so please note that i plan to ge a ds lite later in the year. Keep it psp. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 16-02-2006, 14:36.

GTA Liberty Cities is great, and a good demonstration of its capabilities, Wipeout Pure is also good plus has the added attraction of the additional bonus content. Lumines is mad addictive, but expect each go to last over an hour when you get good at it. So there you have a racing game, an action game, and a puzzle game, job done!

Comment

Well, remember you can import so the world's your oyster! Personally I'd recommend Lumines and Watashi no Katamari Damarcy.

Comment

I would second Marcus' recommendations - great choices there and really gives you a broad spectrum of what the PSP can offer.

Comment

Should mention that im not mad keen on puzzle games, rpgs or music games. As for importing in the future yes, but im getting it next thursday which dosnt leave me much time for imports as yet.

Comment

How about Star Soldier and/or Exit?

Comment

Irregular Hunter X (megaman)
              Exit
              Streetfighter Alpha 3
              Wipeout Pure
              Ridge racers
              Lumines
              Gripshift
              Metal Gear Acid
              World Championship Snooker
              Pro evolution 5

all come highly recommended

Comment

Lumines
                GTA Liberty City Stories

I also love the taiko portable drum sim too

Comment

Gradius Portable is delicious.

Comment

Burnout Legends is a good laugh, but if you're already looking at getting Wipeout Pure, then you may not want another racing game.

Comment

Out of all the racers, I'd probably pick Ridge! But all those mentioned are great - if you like wipout, then pure is ace.

Comment

I absolutely CANNOT STOP playing Metal Gear Acid, you need to get into the concept but once you do it's a phenomenal game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                          I absolutely CANNOT STOP playing Metal Gear Acid, you need to get into the concept but once you do it's a phenomenal game.
                          do fancy this not sure im going to like the concept of it though? Ridge racers or wipeout pure? Anything decent on the way in the next month or two?

Comment

If you fancy MG Ac!d it's only ?14.99 at Play at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                              do fancy this not sure im going to like the concept of it though? Ridge racers or wipeout pure? Anything decent on the way in the next month or two?
                              IMO Ridge is better, and is STILL my most favourite game on the PSP. Lumines is also great, and along with Ridge, can probably be picked up cheaply.

Other recommendations are:
                              Burnout Legends (Good, but IMO not as good as Ridge)
                              Wipeout (Same as above)
                              Pro Evolution 5 (Best footy game on the PSP, but still inferior to PS2 version)
                              Virtua Tennis (Great little game, and perfect for a portable)
                              GTA (i didn't like it much, but that's cause I'm bored of GTA now)

Comment

Working...
                              X