No announcement yet.

Budget PS2 games - the good and the bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Seek and Destroy had a mention? Cute little tank game from Takara, one of the Choro Q things. Nice little blaster with a poor translation but what you gonna do? Blow stuff up, that's what. Worth a couple of quid, easy. Massive (and I mean that, someone has done their homework), massive history section. There's about 100 different kind of tanks too

Comment

BUMP!

Blockbuster are selling Fighting Fury on PS2 for ?1.99 at the moment. It looks like budget trash, and the blurb on the back of the box makes it sounds like one of the Fighter Maker games (which are a bit meh.) Has anyone here played it and is it fun in any way?

Also, has anyone else been checking out weird budget stuff recently - any gems/turds to look out for/not look out for??

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
        BUMP!

Also, has anyone else been checking out weird budget stuff recently - any gems/turds to look out for/not look out for??
        That "Maids and Machine Guns" game released on the Simple 2000 (or 2500) during the summer was pretty cool...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
          BUMP!

Blockbuster are selling Fighting Fury on PS2 for ?1.99 at the moment. It looks like budget trash, and the blurb on the back of the box makes it sounds like one of the Fighter Maker games (which are a bit meh.) Has anyone here played it and is it fun in any way?

i got a backup copy free when my ex missus picked me up a chipped machine in malayasia. its absolute trash, don't bother with it not even if it was free.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny
            That "Maids and Machine Guns" game released on the Simple 2000 (or 2500) during the summer was pretty cool...
            Sounds interesting - has that been released on PAL yet?

Originally posted by Zero9X
            i got a backup copy free when my ex missus picked me up a chipped machine in malayasia. its absolute trash, don't bother with it not even if it was free.
            Nice one, I'll trust you on that. I was nearly tempted to shell out ?4.99 for it last Christmas but I resisted the temptation.

Comment

Nope, Maids hasn't been released in PAL regions yet AFAIK.
              It's worth the tenner or so it sells for though, especially if you're into anime maids

Comment

^Anime maids sounds rather enticing, though my PS2 is very old and not chipped so I can't play imports (damn!) I might get myself the slimline pink one for chrimbo, and have it chipped from the get go.

Anyone know about the budget racers doing the rounds? Some are supposed to be pretty decent, Japanese drifty jobs.

Comment

Just a question within all this!

I searched and found Sim city for the ps one for my ps2 thinking it would be only a ?5 i was shocked to find out that it would cost me ?20 for a used version and one that wasnt in good condition.
                  I wanted this for nostalgia as it reminded me of playing on my old Amiga but at that price i thought twice!
                  Has anyone else had a simialr experience with an old game?

Comment

Working...
                  X