Blade Runner esque games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner esque games

Am I right in thinking the Deus Ex games are the most like the BR movie? I know there will be loads of games that have stolen elements of BR.

I want to feel like Deckard!

Dreamweb. An ancient point'n'click sci-fi adventure for the Amiga/PC. Track it down if you can - it's great if you're in the right mood for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DK
      Am I right in thinking the Deus Ex games are the most like the BR movie? I know there will be loads of games that have stolen elements of BR.

I want to feel like Deckard!
      Or alternatively (and more obviously), Bladerunner the game for the PC by Westwood. Another point'n'click adventure.

Comment

And for another point 'n click, Beneath a Steel Sky is an excellent Revolutoin title with lots of BR overtones. It's freeware now too.

A lot of anime is very influenced by Bladerunner in terms of environment and mood, so games based on animes can also be.

Comment

On the above point, I've not played it before but Snatcher is supposed to be Bladerunner-ish to be best of my knowledge too.

Comment

Snatcher definately is very Bladerunner-ish. First thing that came to mind for me was that street level in Perfect Dark (been a long time since I played it so my memory's a bit hazy). That's hardly a full game though.
            Last edited by Rsdio; 21-02-2006, 17:18.

Comment

Should have said I've played the Blade Runner PC game long ago. It's brilliant.

Same with Snatcher, it's SO like Blade Runner. I played that through emus.

I was thinking maybe 1st or 3rd person adventures/shooters that give the Blade Runner vibe. Something that when you draw your pistol it's an event not something that has you running around killing hundreds of enemies.
              Last edited by DK; 21-02-2006, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                And for another point 'n click, Beneath a Steel Sky is an excellent Revolutoin title with lots of BR overtones. It's freeware now too.
                I second that one and thought of it as soon as I saw this thread. You can download the game and ScummVM to play it on here, and ScummVM has been ported to pretty much everything.

Comment

The Legend Adventures Gateway and Gateway 2 on the PC have a really good sci-fi atmosphere and last for a long time.
                  And there is also the PC adventure "Rise of the Dragon" which is pretty close to Blade Runner in terms of atmosphere and setting.

Comment

Originally posted by DK
                    I was thinking maybe 1st or 3rd person adventures/shooters that give the Blade Runner vibe. Something that when you draw your pistol it's an event not something that has you running around killing hundreds of enemies.
                    Not quite the same setting, but System Shock 1 and 2 and Shadowrun could suit your purposes. The action in those titles is very sproradic and very intense when it comes. Neither have you playing a Deckard-like character though.

Comment

Originally posted by DK
                      It's not really gothic or serious like Bladerunner, but there was a very British first-person adventure (the genre you're kind of referring to) called Normality Inc from the mid 90s that was set in a dystopian 1984-like future. It was silly a game, but I enjoyed it.

Had lots of detail too as I recall.

Comment

Indeed, Shadowrun on the SNES!
                        http://www.tpsreport.co.uk/news/fullnews.php?id=37

Not the megadrive one, weren't as good.

Still play it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler
                          Indeed, Shadowrun on the SNES!
                          http://www.tpsreport.co.uk/news/fullnews.php?id=37

Not the megadrive one, weren't as good.

Still play it regularly.
                          The Mega CD version is the best .

Anway for me the most Blade Runner like games are

Bladeruner (PC) Some hated it, but I loved it

Rise of the Dragon (Mega CD/PC) Stunning game, almost as good as Snatcher , and the Mega CD port is port on (GameArts did wonders onthe port)

Snatcher (Mega CD/PC-Eng) For me the best Bladeruner like game, ever made. It's as good now as when it 1st came out.

Comment

As you can tell from my avatar im a big BR fan and gotta say the PC BR game was fantastic. Im now intrested in playing snatcher would an emu be the best way of getting to play it now.

Comment

G-Police? They're a bit like Spinners... and the city's deffo San Angeles inspired.

Apparently, there's a C64 Blade Runner game knocking about.

EDIT: here you go.
                              Last edited by anephric; 21-02-2006, 19:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X