Gridwars = Geometry wars for PC - FREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gridwars = Geometry wars for PC - FREE

On one of my casual game sites I came across Gridwars, which is basically Geometry wars but for PC. If you have a dual analog pad use it.

I've no experience of the real geometry wars, so I can't tell you how this compares, but it looks and seems pretty bloody close. And to top it all, it's made with blitz basic.

Download it from here.

(apologies if it's been mentioned before, I did a search but found nothing here).

Heh, not a bad clone at all. Seems slower, and the graphical effects are less colourful and vivid but a reasonable effort, has to be said.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I will be downloading it!

Comment

Not played the original either but have had a couple of hours on this and enjoyed it immensely. Managed just under 1.2m so far, I'm almost debating getting a 360 solely for Geometry Wars based on this and I don't even have a HD set..

Comment

It's pretty damn cool, i don't think i'd buy a 360 for geometry wars now but maybe when it goes down in price!

Comment

After hearing a fair bit about Geometry Wars, I downloaded this not expecting much but am blown away. Terrific game with a huge incentive to get high scores. I can see why people are talking about it.

Comment

utterly fantastic game this, everything Stu Campbell wrote about it is true. It also helps that you could hang screenshots of it on your wall, it's so pretty

glorious

Comment

had do u set the right analogue on the ps2 pad to work properly?

Comment

O_o there is even a Mac Version

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                    had do u set the right analogue on the ps2 pad to work properly?
                    yeah i have the mac version and i can't get my ps2 or logitech right stick to work...

seriously, there's really no reason for ppl not to try this game. best freebie ever.

another interesting game to try is 'flOw'

controls with mouse, great visual style.
                    eating red creatures make you go deeper, where it's more difficult.
                    getting hit or green creatures make you rise one layer to the surface.
                    holding the mouse button makes your creature move faster but control worse. good for escaping from bigger fish.
                    this game starts slow cause your creature is so small... but after 5 minutes or so of eating smaller creatures things pick up and the enemies get quite interesting.

not as good as grid wars, but since so many people are into rez here i figure this crowd may appreciate what he's done.

Comment

Best freebie of what, that is fun as hell!

Comment

yeah i know. i meant best free game ever. hence, 'freebie'...

Comment

Working...
                        X