Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davejm
    In what way was it not a perfect port?

DISCLAIMER:- I was very young at the time so I didn't analyse every background detail, character animation, sound bite ect, I just remember it being a quality port at the time.
    Tons of animation missing, lousy music, and even some moves missing (E. Honda's Knee Bash and Balrog/Bison's Headbutt grabs being two notable examples).

It was a very good conversion tho

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
      Originally posted by Madbury
      I'm going to claim Soul Calibur as well.

Ta.
      Now you're talking. Namco should have released it in the arcades on Naomi but they've been intent on asserting themselves as the number 1 under achievers in the industry. Shame.
      Was the Naomi hardware available when SC was released. So far back I can't remember anymore

Comment

It wasnt

Namco had System 21 - Sega had Model 3

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Originally posted by davejm
          In what way was it not a perfect port?

DISCLAIMER:- I was very young at the time so I didn't analyse every background detail, character animation, sound bite ect, I just remember it being a quality port at the time.
          Tons of animation missing, lousy music, and even some moves missing (E. Honda's Knee Bash and Balrog/Bison's Headbutt grabs being two notable examples).

It was a very good conversion tho
          Cool. You learn something every day!

Comment

Originally posted by C'
            Originally posted by Sidez
            Originally posted by Madbury
            I'm going to claim Soul Calibur as well.

Ta.
            Now you're talking. Namco should have released it in the arcades on Naomi but they've been intent on asserting themselves as the number 1 under achievers in the industry. Shame.
            Was the Naomi hardware available when SC was released. So far back I can't remember anymore
            No I mean a re-release would have been in order. Naomi GD-ROM is a cheap solution and revitalise interest in the game.

Comment

Zero Gunner 2, Sports Jam, Confidential Mission, Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA 2001, Virtua Tennis, 18 Wheeler, F355 Challenge, Ikaruga - on DC

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
                Zero Gunner 2, Sports Jam, Confidential Mission, Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA 2001, Virtua Tennis, 18 Wheeler, F355 Challenge, Ikaruga - on DC
                All (apart from Daytona) are Naomi ports and therefore aren't valid under sidez's strict criteria

Comment

The Saturn Virtua Cop conversions.

The first game expecially were extremely close conversions of the powerful Model 2 hardware. Much more faithful than the ports of titles such as Daytona, Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2.

Had an exact replica of the lightgun as well which is always a bonus.

Comment

All (apart from Daytona) are Naomi ports and therefore aren't valid under sidez's strict criteria
                    ..humm

- Moon Cresta PS1

Comment

Altered Beast on the Megadrive.

*sniggers*

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                        The Saturn Virtua Cop conversions.

The first game expecially were extremely close conversions of the powerful Model 2 hardware. Much more faithful than the ports of titles such as Daytona, Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2.

Had an exact replica of the lightgun as well which is always a bonus.
                        Yes yes yes. They are both fantastic ports. I still play them now and again and I love the saturn lightguns. Just plug and play, none of the arsing around that you have to do with the PS G-Con guns.

I thought that the Sega Rally coversion was top notch myself. You have to play it with a 3D pad to truly appreciate it. Very close to the arcade imo.

Comment

Initial D on PS2 hopefully

Comment

Green Beret on C64

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
                              Initial D on PS2 hopefully
                              Id like to hope so too, but if the VF4 conversions are anything to go by its going to lack alot of the games polish and edge.

Some of my favourite arcade ports:

Ghouls N Ghosts - Megadrive
                              APB - Amiga

Comment

Id like to hope so too, but if the VF4 conversions are anything to go by its going to lack alot of the games polish and edge.
                                But this is not the case for Evolution I heard?

Comment

Working...
                                X