Anyone have the US Brain Training yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the US Brain Training yet?

I understand its been released in the US.

I thought it was released early April?

Comment

Nope, delayed till June in the US along with New Super Mario Bros.

Still down for 20th April release here though.

Comment

Have they both been delayed? I know big brain academy has but didnt know brain age had?

Comment

Yeah I think they're having to dumb it down somewhat for the US market

Comment

Aren't there two versions of this coming out for the US?
            2nd one, sequel out in June?

Comment

I think the second one is a made for kids special. It's not the sequel which was such a hit in Japan.

Comment

No point in getting it then...

You are talking about this one right?

Comment

Yeah, that's the one.

Comment

It got given out to attendees at gdc so some have found their (expensive) way onto ebay

Comment

Thats quite a nice collectible there, bet it will be one of those ?300 games in the furure...

Comment

Well, no, since it'll be getting a full release.

Comment

Well, yeah.. Since theres competition carts etc that got full releases that are now ?300.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk
                            Well, yeah.. Since theres competition carts etc that got full releases that are now ?300.
                            ?300+ for a cart is the exception rather than the rule and they were given out at a time when ltd editions weren't really all that common place (i.e. they were genuinely special & desirable).

Nowadays ltd edtion & promo stuff is so commonplace that the vast majority of it will probably never be worth much; heck, if there isn't a rare or promo item tied in with a game that's a bit of a rarity in itself! I'd guess that Nintendo were giving these out by the bucket load at GDC to everyone & their dog.

If the game becomes a bit of a cult classic then you never know though

Comment

I was under the impression that the only difference between the retail brain training and the gdc one is that sticker and the leaflet with the (printed) signature, and of course, the fact that it's available now rather than a month's time. With the snes competition carts, wasn't there more significant stuff involved? Like different code to the retail game and such?

Comment

Working...
                              X